Forum rules
This subforum is for screenshot runs and written logs. If you're recounting events through a story, that goes in the Written Story Runs subforum - "written log" just refers to a direct log of what's happening.

Good luck on your journeys!

(3) A very sweet blind nuzlocke

Fructus
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

August 18th, 2015, 2:33 pm #1

Being patient and waiting until your other runs are done before making a new one. Yeaaah... About that. But it's a Sweet Version nuzlocke, so I'm excused, right?

Anyway, I've seen that quite some people have nuzlocked this game before. I never played it before, so I thought 'why not do this blind?'. Yeah. I've read bits and pieces of other people's runs through it, but not nearly enough to know what is going to happen or anything.

If you plan on replying on this run, I want to say one thing. One very important thing. Don't spoil anything. I want to find out things on my own. Type chart? Don't spoil. Story? Don't spoil. Stupid, ridiculous level spikes? Don't spoil. If you really want to say something even slightly spoiler-ish, use the spoiler tag.
[+] Rules
1. I may only catch the first PokeSweet I find in every area.
1a. Dupes clause is on: I may skip the first encounter if it's one I already caught.
1b. Shiny clause is on: SHINY FAKEMON GIMME

2. If a PokeSweet faints, it's considered dead and sent to candy heaven.
Pretty basic. On the other hand, this is blind.
[+] Table of contents
This won't be a plot based run, since I literally have no idea what to expect, and will probably miss important screenies. Anyway, time to get this show on the road.
[+] 1

I already like this game for editing this. I've seen way too many Fire Red hacks before that didn't do that, and instead had the bullshit text still there. By the way, I'm going to use an awesome counter through this game. Basically, the awesome counter goes like this: if something happens I like (about the game itself, not when I get lucky crits or something) then the awesome counter goes up. If something happens I don't like at all, it goes down. The awesome counter is purely based on my opinion, though. Also, the fact that this game has an awesome counter makes it pretty good, since most others have a bullshit counter, wrong counter or what the fuck counter. Anyway, +2 for editing text and giving advice to hungry people.

./rant

Awesome counter: 2

Oak's intro is edited.

Awesome counter: 3

Eh... I can't really say I like or dislike that Eevee -I'm sorry, Cupvee- sprite. I mean, it looks pretty cool, but it's just a little...bland, in my opinion. Again, this is purely my opinion, you're free to think otherwise.

Alright, I'm going to run through this game as myself for once.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. Rival not being Oak's grandson, and Oak being a dick to his grandson.

Awesome counter: 5

YOUR NAME IS OFFICIALLY ? NOW
I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON

Sounds pretty
sweet.

...Okay, put the gun down, I'll stop doing that.

There are two beds. Presumably the other one is for in-game Fructus's mom. Realistic.

Awesome counter: 6

More realisticness.

Awesome counter: 7

Okay, so here's the thing. Almost everything that the game shouted at you, like POKEMON, POKE BALL, MAGIKARP and such has been decapitalized. I'm so happy, I can't even. Awesome counter will go up a lot.

Awesome counter: 12

I forgot why I talked to her. Maybe to show the changed dialogue? I dunno.

> RUNNING SHOES
AND I CAN RUN INDOORS

Awesome counter: 15

...Okay. Sorry, but this was a little break of the fourth wall. And everyone knows that the B button does that. I'm going to have to subtract one point.

Awesome counter: 14

blah blah blah bye mom

I noticed three things. One, almost all the text of random NPCs has been changed. Two, there is new music playing here. Three, THIS MAP IS AWESOME. Try to stop the awesome counter here.

Awesome counter: 29

Fifteen points for editing all that text, inserting custom music AND making a whole new overworld? I should have given even more. Anyway, how does one eat a complete road?

Awesome counter: 28

Self-awareness. I wish I had some.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...That sounds oddly familiar.

NO
FUCK YOU ASH
GET OUT OF THIS FUCKING HACK

Yeah, I wouldn't eat the ground either, even if it literally existed out of candy. People walk on there, for Arceus's sake. Sanity is a good thing.

Rather bland texts, but hey, at least they were edited.

Okay, so there was Oak in the intro, and suddenly Oak won't be in this hack? Yeah, no. At least change the Oak sprite then.

Nothing wrong here.

...Alright, here's the thing. Some people will be a little mad that the Brendan and May sprites were recycled for two new rivals. I, for one, am not angry. It's better than a custom sprite that looks terrible, and believe me, I've seen a lot of those already. The fact that there are two new rivals affect the awesome counter positively.

...Alright, two things I noticed again. One, Cinna never mentioned my name to Mark OR Katia, so they could never have known it already. Two, there's always a space after the player's and the custom named rival's name. Always. And it annoys me a lot. Minus two for that, and minus one because Mark could never have known my name.

Awesome counter: 26

Delicious = powerful? This doesn't make any sense to me, but I'll let it slide this time.
[+] Spoiler
Yet another blind Sweet Version nuzlocke

0 Badges, 0 deaths
In Umbram Astrorum: a Fire Red nuzlocke with a twist
Part 6: So high

Agent L . . . . . Morton . . . . . Mariane . . . . . Tucker
Badges: 1 . . . . . Deaths: 0
The Ties That Bind: A HGSS Soul Link Nuzlocke with tuckercat

Link the Chikorita, level 11

Colin the Pidgey, level 9

Walter the Spearow, level 9

Geobro the Geodude, level 9

Plsno the Hoppip, level 6

Derek the Gastly, level 8

Swing the Totodile, level 11

Salsa the Pidgey, level 8

Punk the Rattata, level 7

Blues the Zubat, level 6

Rhapsody the Wooper, level 10

Sonata the Gastly, level 8
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

I don't like any of these Pokemon why

Ephraim225
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

August 21st, 2015, 2:06 am #2

Hopefully this one actually finishes ahahaha

Nooo don't deduct from the counter, it hurts when you do that :( Actually it'd be really funny if I messed something up so bad it turns into a long string of deductions. Though hopefully I squashed all the bugs and that doesn't happen. I hope. Feels like every time a bug gets fixed a bug happens elsewhere :(

Darksaphira
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym

August 21st, 2015, 3:20 pm #3

Hey another one of those runs.
Good luck first of all! This game is looking really sweet /shot
Eh, but seriously it's looking great really. I have not yet played it to be honest.
And naming the rival ? is pretty cool actually :D

Arbo_Kawso

August 21st, 2015, 5:05 pm #4

Well, I'm glad that wen't well for you, but Aaron isn't much of a challenge in any game, you were also overleveled for him, although I do realise that was for the champions levels.

Fructus

August 21st, 2015, 8:24 pm #5

Two things I'd like to say before I post the new part. One, I had to change part 1b into 2a, because I would have had too much screenies, and couldn't edit the first post. Two, I changed the title of the run itself. There is a simply reason for that. I saw this run right after making my topic, and noticed the title was really similar. I want to say that I didn't plagiarize the thread's title simply because I didn't know it existed, but to make sure that there are no wrong ideas, the title has been edited anyway.
[+] Replies
Ephraim225 wrote:Hopefully this one actually finishes ahahaha

Nooo don't deduct from the counter, it hurts when you do that :( Actually it'd be really funny if I messed something up so bad it turns into a long string of deductions. Though hopefully I squashed all the bugs and that doesn't happen. I hope. Feels like every time a bug gets fixed a bug happens elsewhere :(
Oh god the creator himself. To be completely honest, I've played ahead, and there WILL actually be subtraction from the awesome counter. On the other side, your hack is one of the only ones where I consider using an awesome counter instead of a bullshit, wrong or what the fuck counter. So please, take that as a compliment. No hack is perfect, there are some bullshit level spikes (pardon my language) but overall, it's a hack I really enjoy playing.
Darksaphira wrote:Hey another one of those runs.
Good luck first of all! This game is looking really sweet /shot
Eh, but seriously it's looking great really. I have not yet played it to be honest.
And naming the rival ? is pretty cool actually :D
Yeah, another one of those. But now it's not one of those anymore.
Thanks! And yeah, it's pretty sw- okay I'll stop don't punch me pls
I haven't played it either. This is the first time.
I got the idea from my recent Gold run, which will be up soon as well. The rival won't be named ?, though.
Arbo_Kawso wrote:Well, I'm glad that wen't well for you, but Aaron isn't much of a challenge in any game, you were also overleveled for him, although I do realise that was for the champions levels.
Uh...I guess this was a reply for the wrong thread?
[+] 2a

It kind of sucks that 'Strawmander' couldn't fit, as Pokemon -I'm sorry, PokeSweets- can only have names up to ten characters in generation III games. Also, I really like the sprites of Brownisaur and Strawander!

...She didn't even face me before going into battle. Also, why the custom sprite? May's sprite would have worked just as well, and would have looked a lot better. I appreciate the effort, but sorry, it would have been better in my opinion if the creator just left May's sprite there.

Awesome counter: 26

...Cher? Choco? Is that a custom type chart?
Just kidding, of course. I knew already that there was a custom one, but I don't know how it works. So I'm probably going to kill a lot of PokeSweets by not knowing they are in a bad matchup. Also, rest in peace, Overgrow. Also also, those Z's. I don't exactly know how they work, but they apparently reflect on your EVs. So if you get more EVs in a certain stat, the letter changes? I think that's how it works. Plus ten for the custom type chart, plus five for the other two things.

Awesome counter: 41

Basically, this battle goes like this: get lucky or get rekt. I can deal with this.

...Mark didn't face me either. Alright, I've already subtracted points for this the previous time, not going to do it this time as well.

This is how I roll.

I'm guessing this replaces Vine Whip? Whatever it is, it looks good.

Awesome counter: 42

Okay, what the fuck happened to the dialogue there. That's horrible. Also, for all I know, Cinna just threw that Cookbook and Sweet Balls at my face from a distance. I like the new names of NotPokeDex and NotPoke Balls, but these dialogue and scripting things...ugh. All in all, I'm going to have to subtract one point.

Okay, so the creator is actually able to make these kind of scripts. I don't think this is worth a +1, though.

Isn't the correct term 'Gimme'? I don't know this for sure, so I'll let it hang...for now.

Oh god no.

HE HAS NO NAME

HELLO EVERYONE MY NAME IS QUESTION MARK
BWAHAHAHAHA

EVERYONE IS BEING A DICK TO QUESTION MARK
AND HE DESERVES IT

'Get rid of him'. Uh, Katia, that's a little too harsh. Even for my standards.

Alright...wait, where did Mark and Katia go? Alright, creator, we put the hidesprite command in WHILE we're battling, not before. Now they just disappeared.

Awesome counter: 40

BWAHAHA

HAHA- oh. I had to heal. Also, Question Mark has a Popsichu. As much as I detest the Pikachu line, I find it fitting that he, of all people, should have this thing. Because he was literally Ash before.
I just realized I should have named him Ash. I mean, he has a NotPikachu, he came too late like a complete doofist, and everyone dicks on him. That's like the definition of Ash.

Let me guess. All the starter's moves they learned at level 7 are super effective against Popsichu. This actually fits pretty well in the whole 'dicking on Question Mark' thing.

FUCKING STATIC, I SWEAR TO ARCEUS

But then karma happened.

Karma is a bitch.

But then it was over.

A whiner, just like you'd expect from him.

Awesome counter: 43

And blaming other people as well.

Awesome counter: 44

I've already given enough points for his whining now, okay?

I forgot why I screenshotted this. I already have five of those.

I honestly expected NotRattata, NotSentret, NotZigzagoon, NotBidoof, NotPatrat or NotBunnelby. While all of these would have been pretty cool (except for NotSentret, fuck Sentret), Meowffin looks cool as well.

Awesome counter: 45

Hold the fuck on. Why did I get experience from catching a PokeSweet? Was this implemented? Fuck yeah, awesome counter gonna skyrocket.

Awesome counter: 50

I guess Vanil is NotNormal? I dunno, it seems logical to me.

[+] 2b
Something I forgot to mention in the previous part. I haven't nicknamed my PokeSweet for two reasons.
1. I want to learn the names of the PokeSweets thoroughly.
2. The game didn't give me the chance to give Brownisaur a nickname.
For the second reason, I fear a subtraction is in order.

Awesome counter: 49

Wow. Vanilla is really NotNormal. From what I've heard and seen, Vanilla is overall better than Normal, though. Thank you for the info, but I knew already.

Dicking on Question Mark!

Awesome counter: 50

Ok, going to skip this for now. I don't know what this guy will throw at me, and to be honest, I don't want to find out yet either.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

ARCEUS DAMNIT LICOR-WHIP

Alright, it's dead. That was literally my reaction when I saw the first of those. And uh. I don't really like the design, but I won't be subtracting points for PokeSweet designs, because I know the creator actually put work in those. Unless there are some that are truly terrible.

WILD LEVEL CURVE APPEARED
No, seriously. Level 7 on the first Route? I can overlook it for the simple reason that your starter is level 7 by the time you reach this Route. A pain for grinding the other mons, though. And that Scratch hits like a truck.

Thank you for the free Oran Berry, based Pickup god!
Wait.

SIDEQUESTS
IS THIS FOR REAL
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Awesome counter: 55

So you'd be happier if your PokeSweet is able to be cured of paralysis...than when you don't die? I'll overlook this because awesome sidequest.

LEECH SEED
HOW DO I LOVE THIS MOVE
Cherry Seed is a weird name though. I've already given one point for the one edited move, I'll give nine more for all edited moves.

Awesome counter: 64

Alright, awesome, done grinding. You know what that means.

...John? That name rings a bell...wasn't he named before?

Anyway, there can only be one.

...Did the script just trigger again? I guess this is just a rebattle-able match.

Because this still triggered.

Awesome counter: 69

And yes, I give 5 points for every sidequest.

...But at least keep facing me. This was a basic command, to only put the release command after you get the items. Sorry for this, but even I can hack those in.

Awesome counter: 66

Minus three because this happens multiple times in the game, by the way. Sorry for the short update, but I haven't got much time today.
[+] Spoiler

0 Badges, 0 deaths

Blues the Zubat, level 6

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

YamiX

August 22nd, 2015, 9:13 pm #6

Oh, this hack. This hack almost killed me! Well, good luck.
Yami's Kalos Extravaganza

Claude--------Ashley--------Riley--------Xander--------Evan--------Amaura
A Whole New Dimension
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
"I set Nuzhistory on the 15th of October, 2016 at 10:03 AM BST by beating Cynthia twenty times to unlock the hardest rival battle, and until HGSS, hardest battle period. And I beat it all under Nuzlocke rules."
And here is a list of every run I've ever done on these forums!
[+] Spoiler
None right now!
[+] Spoiler
An Eggscelent Journey - A Pearl Egglocke (title pending)
Yami's Johto Eggstravaganza Redux - Soul Silver Egglocke

CyndaKill
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

August 22nd, 2015, 11:28 pm #7

A blind run of sweet on a nuzlocke?
I need this in my life
also if you want I can tell you how the three basic starter types work

Fructus

August 23rd, 2015, 10:41 am #8

[+] Replies
YamiYugioh wrote:Oh, this hack. This hack almost killed me! Well, good luck.
Thanks! The hack can have bullshit sometimes, but it's one I enjoy playing a lot.
CyndaKill wrote:A blind run of sweet on a nuzlocke?
I need this in my life
also if you want I can tell you how the three basic starter types work
I've been playing way ahead so far, so I already know how most types work...or at least know some matchups. But yeah, I know how Cherry, Strawberry and Apple work. Thanks anyway.
[+] 3a

Pretty cool.

Awesome counter: 67

I'm going to go ahead and guess this is another sidequest. The Pearl looks pretty poorly hidden to me. Just look up a bit and you can see part of a present. Yes, overworld Poke Balls are replaced by presents here. Forgot to count that.

Awesome counter: 68

OH MY GOD

Awesome counter: 73

This changed dialogue. I love it. Just the reference to that old man...

Awesome counter: 75

Sidequest sense is tingling.

Fun fact: the PC man is the first dialogue than hasn't been changed at all. There was a screw-up at the boy's text, but hey, I can overlook that, since it's still readable.

You can't be serious.

...Brownisaur's two STAB move types are physical? Really? Arceus damn it. I'm glad the creator put this in here, though.

Awesome counter: 76

So...this lists how effective certain types are against others? Please yes. I'm aware that these aren't all the type matchups, but to hell with that.

Awesome counter: 77

I don't know either.

Awesome counter: 78

This will be NotViridian Forest. Hopefully I'll catch something useful there.

This man has no dialogue. When you interact with him, nothing happens. I can understand unedited scripts, but...no script? Someone should have noticed that, right?

Awesome counter: 76

Sidequest fetching.

Why is LifeSaver written like this? Normally I'd give five points for every sidequest completed, but LifeSaver makes it one point less.

Awesome counter: 80

And look at me when I'm talking to you.

Yeah. Pretty silly.

Let's see what we can find here.

What. Why. Meowffin, just weaken it with a Scra-

Fucking seriously. There wasn't a single level 2 to be found on notRoute 1, and now here there are level 2s? No. Just no.

Awesome counter: 79

What happened to the whole 'get badges get in league' thing?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

KILL IT QUICKLY

OH SO NOW YOU CAN SURVIVE HITS
I HATE YOU RNGESUS

Still the same as it was befo-

Just taking a step back would have been enough. There's no ledge here.

Awesome counter: 78

Sidequest sense does tingle.

Also this.

...I'm going to go ahead and think that the Name Rater was put here already because the creator couldn't figure out how to do the nickname command for the starter.

Holy shit you can actually enter this?

Take it and give me rewards.

Eyyy!

Awesome counter: 83

I'm wondering why we always see Mark and Katia together. I mean, are they dating or something? Are they traveling around together?

[+] 3b

Time for a new catch!

...Meh. Well, still better than that Applin.

A NOTJIGGLYPUFF THAT ACTUALLY HAS AN ATTACKING MOVE

Awesome counter: 84

Grinding the new Creampuff. She's doing surprisingly well, thanks to Cute Charm and STAB Pound.

Look at the time. Yes, the time has borked. I have no idea what caused this, and no idea what could fix it either.

Originally this girl talked about Rattata's powerful bite. This led me to believe that there wouldn't be a NotRattata in this hack. How little did I know.

She's actually right. Flour Forest is a lot harder to traverse than Viridian Forest was. That's actually a nice touch.

Awesome counter: 85

SIDEQUESTS

The Antidote is still here, like it was before.

> Cottonat
Okay I want to catch that thing
It's on the sign so I should be able to get one, right?
Right?

MOTHERFUCKING

Arceus I hate this thing.

It's not you, it's me. I fucking hate you.
Current awesome counter: 85
[+] Spoiler

0 Badges, 0 deaths

Blues the Zubat, level 6

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

YamiX

August 23rd, 2015, 11:09 am #9

It's going well so far, but get ready for some Extreme Bull.
Yami's Kalos Extravaganza

Claude--------Ashley--------Riley--------Xander--------Evan--------Amaura
A Whole New Dimension
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
"I set Nuzhistory on the 15th of October, 2016 at 10:03 AM BST by beating Cynthia twenty times to unlock the hardest rival battle, and until HGSS, hardest battle period. And I beat it all under Nuzlocke rules."
And here is a list of every run I've ever done on these forums!
[+] Spoiler
None right now!
[+] Spoiler
An Eggscelent Journey - A Pearl Egglocke (title pending)
Yami's Johto Eggstravaganza Redux - Soul Silver Egglocke

CyndaKill

August 23rd, 2015, 1:51 pm #10

First off, does the flour forest have flowers or flour flowers or just flour or flower flour.
also soon you'll despise mark and katia when they sneak attack you, two battles in a row, when you least expect it.

MagicMarky
Johto League Champion
Johto League Champion

August 23rd, 2015, 2:54 pm #11

>Awesome counter

I see what you doing, I see you dawg.

All things aside, this looks colorful and cheerful! Good luck!
[+] Spoiler
My FC: 5172-1071-2125

Special thanks to Shiny Dustox for the poster!
[+] Spoiler

tuckercat
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

August 24th, 2015, 4:30 pm #12

Holy cow this is way weird to read... I am liking it though kind of makes me want to play it...

If you think you could help me learn how to do digital art Click here!

Feel free to tell me your opinion of these storylocke ideas!

Darksaphira

August 24th, 2015, 6:03 pm #13

Uuuuh Sidequests are a nice touch! The normal games could use some of that.
Also I think most of those fakemons are pretty neat, with some exceptions that aren't as great (in my book, but that's me).
And Berries! On trees! Pretty awesome~
the more I see this hack around, the more I want to play it actually :D

Lynn Windus

April 17th, 2016, 5:59 pm #14

I love it. It made me download it again, lol, also, Cupop isn't a bad addition to the team as well as Flangoose. Flangoose can wipe out tue third gym. Thankfully~