Wayne Rooney's Transplant

Wayne Rooney's Transplant

siroadster
siroadster

May 1st, 2012, 1:43 pm #1

For all the Brits who saw Manchester United vs Manchester City play football (soccer) last night. What did you think of Rooney's Hair? I thought it looked very good. The only problem is I am not an advocate for taking meds. (if that is what is required)

lfc
lfc

May 1st, 2012, 9:36 pm #2

yea...it looked good, but I think he is still wearing concelears from time to time.

siroadster
siroadster

May 2nd, 2012, 1:50 pm #3

I was impressed because it looked pretty thick too. But like I say if it requires taking propecia....then forget it, stick to being a rugmeister

May 2nd, 2012, 2:20 pm #4

For all the Brits who saw Manchester United vs Manchester City play football (soccer) last night. What did you think of Rooney's Hair? I thought it looked very good. The only problem is I am not an advocate for taking meds. (if that is what is required)
I would imagine considering his early hairloss he would be on med's. The fact he had a full thick head of hair only a few months after his HT is impossible hence all the rumours of concealers, maybe he doesnt need them now but the fact that he probably did use early on, makes it impossible to say how good it really is.

I'm quite surprised how good his HT is considering his loss at a young age, his sides looked quite thin and the HT clinic he went to wasnt exactly classed as one of the best (according to most people in the know).

Propecia is usually recommended because it can slow the loss which means you may only need one ht (dependant on the amount of loss), its not needed to keep the transplanted hair, although sometimes as you get older you can thin at the sides and right at the back but the majority will not.

I'm on propecia not sure its done much for me, I've thought about the ht route and seeing so many people have great results is tempting but I'm just not sure I'm a good candidate.

I only need a small piece (very small) which just seems a lot easier than a HT ATM, who knows about the future but for now I just dont want to sit around doing nothing.

I have to admit to being rather jealous of people with great HT rsults.
Last edited by vinylhead on May 2nd, 2012, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

siroadster
siroadster

May 3rd, 2012, 4:59 pm #5

Hi Dave, from what I understand, propecia is supposed to maintain what you have, but also prevent so called shockloss from a transplant procedure. Hence maybe the reason from what i've read everyone who has a transplant is on it.

May I ask you though what is your GPs opinion of you taking propecia and have u noticed any side effects?

Considering Rooney didnt have any hair left on top, i am even more amazed by the result.

May 4th, 2012, 9:17 am #6

I doubt many GP's have a clue about treating hairloss as obviously its not really a medical problem. I've not experienced any side affects. tbh every drug can cause side effects if you go into it thinking about sides the chances are you will 'feel' them, I read about a test where half a group took propecia and the other half a placebo, and more people who took the placebo said they experienced sides, which shows you how powerful the mind is.

The bottom line is its the only thing proven to slow hairloss down thats why i take it because I know I'm doing the best thing to keep what I have.

This has 2 advantages (if you respond) it keeps what I have so I only need a small piece and can mix my own hair with it and if I do have a HT I wont need as many grafts (lowers expense).

Each to his own though some would rather wear than take medication or have surgery, the options are there.

HT's and hair pieces both have advantages and dissadvantages but I like to at least try and keep my options open.

Last edited by vinylhead on May 4th, 2012, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

lfc
lfc

May 4th, 2012, 2:42 pm #7

I didn't had any significant side effect except that I had watery semen...but propecia has no effect on my keeping my hair..

slysiroadster
slysiroadster

May 4th, 2012, 3:12 pm #8

All drugs have side effects that is true - that is because a drug is causing a change in the body, if you experience no side effects whilst on the drug, I think you should count yourself lucky and in terms of propecia if it has maintained your hair, as could well be the case with you Dave then I think thats brilliant.

If you dont mind me asking

May I ask how many years have you been taking it ?

How did you know about it in the beginning ?

How do you usually buy it ?

IFC are u still taking the propecia or have u stopped since the watery semen

I know there is very good blog at

www.baldingblog.com

That Doctor has a wealth of knowledge regarding hair transplant procedures and meds and potential side effects

May 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm #9

May I ask how many years have you been taking it ?

1 year

How did you know about it in the beginning ?

hair loss forums

How do you usually buy it ?

I buy the generic stuff called finpecia from a doctor that a very well known person in the hairloss industry recommended.

TBH not sure if its making much difference but its the only thing proven so I will continue, its possible I will try things like dut in the future but I'll give propecia more time before I change anything.

siroadster
siroadster

May 4th, 2012, 8:14 pm #10

Thanks for the response Dave, it still relatively early days then. I think I know the person you are talking about. I think his hair transplantation also looks very good for what I have seen.