Tapes

Tapes

July 2nd, 2012, 4:23 pm #1

Hi guys! what kind of tapes are you using and you're satisfied with? I am using blue lace but I have oily scalp and in 3 days the front is lifting...also the clean up is a pain.is there a strong tape that doesn't break down so easily?

July 2nd, 2012, 6:06 pm #2

Over the years, I continue to keep going back to blue liner. I have experimented with many tapes because the clean up is tougher with blue liner, but I always come back to it (however, I would have stayed with ST-30 had that continued to be made...loved that tape).

The cleanup with blue liner is more than other tapes if left on too long, but one thing that has really helped is the Walker Scalp Protector (I use the red cap one that's been around forever, there's also a new "thick" version). I too have oily skin and it keeps the hold really well for me throughout my attachment, I usually attach for 5 days at a time at the very least but I don't like to go more than a week personally. It keeps a barrier between my oily skin and the tape so that I don't get any lift and the tape comes off much more in tact now (where as before, it would come off in tiny pieces and I'd have a lot of broken down residue left behind).

Anyway, if you don't end up finding something better and have to go back, the Walker Scalp Protector just might do the trick and make things much easier for you.

July 2nd, 2012, 8:03 pm #3

Hi Eric ! thanks for response, but I am doing the same thing as you reagrding scalp protector but still after 4 days it is the same old story.well, no I attached with walker no shine...let's see how this is holding up.
i am tempted to try this tape! I think some users said that it holds great with no break down or gooey mess...

Craig
Craig

July 2nd, 2012, 9:00 pm #4

I love stick it tape. I rebond once a week, but have gone over 2weeks and hold is great,and cleanup is a snap. I do however have no problems with tapes or glues, so everyone is different. Good luck!

Ravid4
Ravid4

July 3rd, 2012, 2:12 pm #5

HI Craig is Stick it tape good for the hairline?

July 4th, 2012, 3:16 am #6

I decided to try Stick-It tape for the first time myself...just received it.

bobby
bobby

July 6th, 2012, 7:34 pm #7

Proflex 12" strip tape is good on lace and poly
not hairline
bobby

Craig
Craig

July 6th, 2012, 7:39 pm #8

Ravid, I use glue on the front. Stick it tape on the sides and back only. I believe Maykell uses the stick it on the front.

July 6th, 2012, 7:57 pm #9

Hi Eric ! thanks for response, but I am doing the same thing as you reagrding scalp protector but still after 4 days it is the same old story.well, no I attached with walker no shine...let's see how this is holding up.
i am tempted to try this tape! I think some users said that it holds great with no break down or gooey mess...
I have a very oily forehead and the new dermal mud really helped. After you find a tape you love if your still not making it from one attachment to the next you can always re-activate your tape with glue. This doesn't cause extra clean-up as your only gluing the underside of the tape. Lift the front, clean your head with alcohol, apply one coat of skin protector, apply the glue to the tape only and when it's dry...re-attach.

July 7th, 2012, 12:05 am #10

I just tried stick it tape for the first time today (had a couple of cut ins that I needed done and I didn't want the extra clean up of the blue liner when I switched them out). I think I'm really going to like this tape, I haven't read anywhere that it's waterproof but I remember the video Maykell posted of jumping off that rock into the water without any issues so I'm assuming it is?

I'm just mainly wondering how it holds up to showering, etc. I LOVE not having a mess behind when I remove it. I love the hold of blue liner, but with it being a tape/glue combo it always leaves a decent residue.