Stripped hair color number?

Stripped hair color number?

June 6th, 2012, 11:29 am #1

I want to order a piece and color it myself, but I want to make sure that it's just the 'raw' color after the factory have stripped the hair of its natural color. I don't want it to have been colored blonde. Does anybody know how I should order that? Is there a color number that tells the factory not to add any color after stripping it?

June 6th, 2012, 3:15 pm #2

Hi Blackie,

I asked my factory rep. this question before, but I did not get a response. I will ask her again and follow up with you.

Thanks,
Eric

June 6th, 2012, 5:41 pm #3

Hi
If you want to colour it yourself order it in one shade lighter than you want to end up with ...it is much easier to make a system darker than lighter ...hope this helps Martin

June 8th, 2012, 3:48 am #4

I was just told that they only strip it down to approximately one shade lighter than they need in each color and then it is lightly colored. She said what you are requesting would not make a noticeable difference. After reading Martin's comment about coloring hair on your own after you receive it, this makes sense.

So, if you were a color #5, you could "technically" order it as a color #5 and state that you want it in the state prior to coloring....but again, she said you would not notice a difference in hair quality. Stripping the hair is the processing that takes some toll on the hair. This may or may not be a different technique than other factories, I am not sure.

June 8th, 2012, 9:47 am #5

Hi ...hairdressers strip hair .but normally that is to remove artificial pigment....namely dye ...l think the factories actually bleach the hair as most of it starts off very dark ...this is quite a tech . q uestion ....however,l do a lot of systems for women who have thier own hair coloured ,so when l order the system ,l order in one shade lighter than l need ,the put the colour on the system and on their own hair ..and usually get a good match .If the purpose of pre stripped hair is to get a better condition ..then ok ,the hair might be in better condition ,but its going to be too dark unless you then start bleaching it ..which is counter productive
Hope this helps Martin

June 8th, 2012, 12:24 pm #6

I was just told that they only strip it down to approximately one shade lighter than they need in each color and then it is lightly colored. She said what you are requesting would not make a noticeable difference. After reading Martin's comment about coloring hair on your own after you receive it, this makes sense.

So, if you were a color #5, you could "technically" order it as a color #5 and state that you want it in the state prior to coloring....but again, she said you would not notice a difference in hair quality. Stripping the hair is the processing that takes some toll on the hair. This may or may not be a different technique than other factories, I am not sure.
Thanks for the response Eric.. The fact that the condition of the hair would not be noticeably different than just ordering it colored puts my mind at ease. Thanks for asking the factory and clearing that up

June 8th, 2012, 3:41 pm #7

No problem, I'm glad it helped. She probably said "process" it down, not strip it down like Martin mentioned. Either way, it's taken down to approx. one shade lighter than the color they are producing at the time.