"Spot" Highlights/Lowlights - Description & Photos

"Spot" Highlights/Lowlights - Description & Photos

April 6th, 2012, 12:26 am #1

I wanted to show an example of what "spot" highlights are (some also call them "chunk" highlights).

This is ordered if you want highlights distributed through your hair in well defined areas rather than just two colors "mixed together". This seems to make the highlights or lowlights stand out more for those that might be after that look.

This customer actually had lowlights added to a lighter base color. It's the same thing, they are just called highlights if the smaller percentage is lighter and lowlights if it is darker.

Please keep in mind this is a piece before being sent out, so it is uncut....you can see the lowlights better in the photo with the piece upside down....sorry the photo from the top isn't better/brighter, the lowlights stand out much better in person:

April 6th, 2012, 3:14 pm #2

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

We each chose 20% because that factory recommended that 10% highlights would not be really noticeable in such a close base colours mix. (The darker piece was 12/16/22).

The 20% highlight gave exactly what we were looking for.
Last edited by lavenderUK on April 6th, 2012, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 8th, 2012, 2:33 am #3

Thank you for posting a couple more sample photos Chesca...it's nice for folks to actually see what something like this looks like. It's just a nice alternative to mixing in highlights for those that want to achieve a different look, etc.

April 8th, 2012, 4:53 pm #4

YW!
I dug out the original order and this darker one was #12 and #16, mixed through at 80% and 20% and spot highlights at 20%. That wave was the factory's unstyled bodywave and it arrived styled like this

And this is my friend's straight piece as it arrived:

We decided to go for a colour mix as at that time we didn't know of reliable colourists here who would work with hair pieces.
Last edited by lavenderUK on April 8th, 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.