Partial/hairline piece - options?

Partial/hairline piece - options?

June 22nd, 2012, 12:35 am #1

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an idea that I have.

My hairline is roughly norwood4. I still have ok density in the other areas and I have a cut-in wig from last year which I never got round to wearing. I was all set to wear but ended up going to travel in a hot country and shaved my head. Now that I've grown my hair back in again, I'm considering cutting up the stock piece into either 2 triangle slices for the hairline and was hoping someone form here, may have experience in doing this or if anyone has used a 'recession piece?'.

I don't know if it would be easier to make a boomerang shape for the receded area? or two use 2 single triangle shaped pieces?

Does anyone have any experience in doing something like this. I've tried searching but can't seem to find much information if such a piece exists or if it would even work.
I also think this might be a great way to get used to wearing that if my hair continues to receded or thin, then I'll at least have some experience with glue/bonding and such. Like a 'beginners guide to wearing' almost

Great forum and thank you in advance.

Josip.

June 22nd, 2012, 5:52 am #2

This is exactly what Receded93 has done.
I think there is another thread but here is the one I can find:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/678938/t ... %29+Photos

Delmo
Delmo

June 22nd, 2012, 5:11 pm #3

Thanks for your reply, Steven.

That thread was certainly an interesting read and I'm surprised many more people have not tried this route.
Only issue I have is if I go for two small triangle pieces, or a boomerang type shape?

Receded, if you read this would be interesing to hear your views.

Thanks again.

June 22nd, 2012, 6:55 pm #4

Hi Delmo,

I was in the same boat as you not so long ago, and when my stock piece arrived I was still considering attempting to go the "triangle" route.

After seeing the amazing quality of the piece, and after throwing the entire topper on OVER my existing hair, I realized that with the help of a hairpiece I could achieve "better hair" than I've ever had in my life, by slightly lowering my entire hairline.

I also noticed that, in comparison to the piece, even the hair I still had on top of my head was quite thin, so I could tell that blending would be difficult, and the difficulty would only increase as I continue balding.

So in my personal opinion, I think it's both easier and better appearance wise to just go the "boomerang" route. I should take a picture of my piece when it's off of my head sometime and post it.

Delmo
Delmo

June 23rd, 2012, 8:06 pm #5

Hey,

Thanks for your input and replying.Glad to hear that wearing is working out for you. Sounds excellent.

Well, I tried it last night 'The Traingle' route and I applied the small 2 inch pieces to each side with walker non-shine tape and it looked fine. I think long-term I will go down the route of a full system as my hair is getting thinner all over, but this could be an option for just now.

I don't have any glue at present but I have ordered some. I have bangs at the moment so I'm using tape but I think I may not have applied the tape correctly as it came off quite easily when I tugged at it today. I'm now going to put the 2 pieces on again tonight but with tape.

How often do you change your piece? From what I understand it's easier to change every few days and its easier to clean as well that way? I live an active life style so I'm not sure what's best but the only tape I have is non-walker tape.

Thanks again for your reply and help.

Delmo.

June 23rd, 2012, 9:15 pm #6

I used to use Supertape and changed once per week - however, as the weather has gotten hotter and I switched to Walker, I've needed to change every 4-5 days to avoid it turning into a gummy mess.

Would love to see pics once you get things situated.

Delmo
Delmo

June 29th, 2012, 9:13 pm #7

Hi again

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. So far I have tried the temple pieces and I love the look they give, looks great. My only issue is getting a secure bond. After sometimes 1-2 or 3 days, I could easily peel it off if I wanted, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I make sure my temples are very dry and then apply the piece with walker non-shine tape. I tried some glue but it didn't do much either to hold it any longer.
It's not like the partials are to come off in the wind or not but I can certainly pull them off after a few days, I'm wonder if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again for you time.

Josip.

June 29th, 2012, 9:19 pm #8

Hi Delmo,

One tip to make your bond last longer is to buy some "scalp protector". There are a couple by Walker that have great reviews (a standard and a thicker version). They are made to give you a stronger bond and also keep the tape from breaking down so fast. I use the dobber style Walker that comes with a red cap and it works great. There are other makers and versions, including sprays instead of dobber applicators.

Delmo
Delmo

June 30th, 2012, 12:12 pm #9

Hi Eric

Many thanks for that. I'm going to order some and see how I do with that. I think I might try another tape as well just to see how I do with that one.