Maykell, your got2b attachment video please...

Maykell, your got2b attachment video please...

June 3rd, 2012, 3:51 pm #1

Hello Maykell,

I remember that you had once posted a video demonstrating your got2b attachment method. I am unable to locate the link now. Would you be kind enough to re-post the link to that video? Considering the severe reaction that tapes have suddenly started to have on my scalp, attachment using got2b appears to be my only option at this time. While I have been using got2b for about 2 months now, some of the issues I have been facing are -
1. White residue appearing all over the lace due to the spiking glue seeping through the lace when the lace is pressed down. This makes the lace extremely visible.
2. Over an hour of drying time after the lace is placed over the glue on the scalp. I wait at least 4-5 mins after the glue has been applied before placing the lace.

Thanks!

June 3rd, 2012, 8:17 pm #2

Here is an old video, I will make a new one to show how to do it.

http://youtu.be/5Pc9U_SviCw

June 3rd, 2012, 8:53 pm #3

Hello Maykell,

I remember that you had once posted a video demonstrating your got2b attachment method. I am unable to locate the link now. Would you be kind enough to re-post the link to that video? Considering the severe reaction that tapes have suddenly started to have on my scalp, attachment using got2b appears to be my only option at this time. While I have been using got2b for about 2 months now, some of the issues I have been facing are -
1. White residue appearing all over the lace due to the spiking glue seeping through the lace when the lace is pressed down. This makes the lace extremely visible.
2. Over an hour of drying time after the lace is placed over the glue on the scalp. I wait at least 4-5 mins after the glue has been applied before placing the lace.

Thanks!
I believe you are putting on too much spiking glue. Also it is better to mix the Got2BeGlued spiking glue with the Got2BeGlued freeze spray then apply it. You can mix a up a bit in a small bowl and mix it with a brush. Then apply it with the brush. Basically put a small amount of the Spiking glue, lets say dime size then cover it up with the freeze spray and mix. It should loose it whitish color become transparent but still be very thick not runny. Then apply it like any other glue. Also if you coat you head with the freeze spray first it gives you a barrier to help you if you perspire a lot with it braking down any other glue or tape you apply.

June 4th, 2012, 5:42 pm #4

Maykell, thanks for re-posting that video. Much appreciated.

You are right, it is possible that I am using too much spiking glue. I see from your video that you place your lace almost as soon as you are done applying the spiking glue/free spray mix. Don't you have to wait a bit for it to get tacky? Just collecting best practices here