Funny Story - but good props for Eric...

Funny Story - but good props for Eric...

July 10th, 2012, 5:56 am #1

I've been wearing off and on since April. Not trying to hide my situation, I just wear for gigs or formal events.
So, I changed jobs and there was a going away party. I knew everyone and I'd say, half knew I was wearing (because I hadn't hidden it, and I work with them every day). So, one guy I've worked with off and on for 10 years gives me a send off by messing up my hair - really roughs it up a few times. I figure he knows I'm wearing and on the way out I say "It's not like it's going to come off or anything". The guy is perplexed - DOESN'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! I point to my hair and it hits him! He can't believe it! Had no idea! Moral of the story? Erics product is good AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! LOL!!!!

For anyone thinking of wearing - take the step. Attach/detach takes some getting used to, but if you get a good cut in NOBODY WILL KNOW. I'm serious.

July 11th, 2012, 1:25 am #2

Great story Btles, and so glad the experiment is still going good for you. You're right, even though you'd swear people would know what you had done, surprisingly most don't pay attention to stuff like this. They think "something else" is different or don't think anything at all if they haven't seen you in a while.

For those that haven't seen Btles transformation, these are his full face before/after shots, it really did cut a lot of years off his appearance & I think coloring his beard at the same time was a great way to divert attention:

August 8th, 2012, 9:26 pm #3

Is the beard real? Reason I was asking is the sideburns and beard don't seem to match up.

Hafa Adai!

August 8th, 2012, 11:05 pm #4

Yes, the beard is real....you can barely see it with this size of photos, but it has just been colored from completely grey. It shows up when the photos are blown up larger.