A Huge Thank You

A Huge Thank You

November 17th, 2011, 3:31 am #1

Hi Everyone,

First of all, for those that are giving me a try at their orders, I greatly appreciate your trust in giving me a shot. It has been so nice to see the amount of orders that have come through in just a month's time. I would have only expected to have a couple of orders at this point, so it shows me that people trust in me and for that I am thankful beyond words. It's not like I'm a huge hair supplier and I won't ever pretend to be, I'm just surprised at what has come back so far and I wanted to say that I appreciate it.

It's also been great to get to know people through emails and phone calls, regardless of if they order from me after our discussions or not. I was just talking with someone the other night and we both agreed that sharing some of our hairloss stories & experiences is very "therapeutic". We all know hairloss isn't the funnest thing in the world, but it sometimes makes it easier when you hear someone else's history with it. I thought I had some funny stories, but I've heard a few that would be hard to top.

I also wanted to thank everyone that visits this forum, whether you post or not. The activity level with posts seems to continue to grow (along with the daily and weekly visits from the statistics I get back) and that is so great. I know more and more people will feel comfortable posting as things progress, but it's off to a great start and that has been fun to see. I know everyone won't always agree or get along on every issue, that's just human nature...but I can't help but notice how neat of a group of people we have going here.

Thanks again,
Eric
Last edited by -Eric on November 17th, 2011, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 17th, 2011, 4:47 am #2

Hey Eric, I run my own business ( unrelated to hair ) and I run my own forums. One thing I learned in the past 3 years is that the numbers never add up. Most of the visited posts are bots and false info ( regardless of the ip you see ). Not to say that you are not getting traffic For me it was painful, I really wanted to stimulate talk but it just didnt pick up, yet people continue to email me for question. So its like anything else, in time you wont even bother looking at the stats. One thing that does help immensely is putting a link to your forums on other forums. This is where we ( your customers )come in I a have already mentioned it on two forums. This is going to make people find your company easier.

Best of luck to you Eric and all that you do for the community.

November 17th, 2011, 5:14 am #3

Hi Ulao,

Like I was saying on the other post, I'm so glad you found the forum and thank you for the kind words.

I also really appreciate what you posted about the traffic stats, etc. This is all very new to me, so I appreciate that kind of insight. I hope to continue to see you come on the forum and post, thanks again for stopping in.

Take care,
Eric

November 17th, 2011, 5:19 am #4

You will see me quite a bit I fear. Hope you dont get sick of me
Last edited by ulaoulao on November 17th, 2011, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 18th, 2011, 5:17 pm #5

Today is the day! i swear!

I keep telling myself I NEED to get that order in to Eric, but i never get to it!

i got the vent instructions and my specs and measurements.. but before I finalize, im thinking about toying with that "small percentage of a lighter shade" technique for the hairline. Im a #3 medium brown.. do u have any recommendations for what percent and shade i should vent into the hairline/temples?

-if none of this is making sense, I previously posted a thread regarding a hairline technique that is sometimes opted for

Anyway- very excited to order.. Today.. i promise.

November 18th, 2011, 6:35 pm #6

Hi
This is a good technique to ensure the piece has the range of tones seen in bio hair.
Women's wigs also use it as a means to bring light near to the face.

I just wanted to point out a huge mistake I made when ordering my last piece.

I wanted an all over tonal piece, like bio hair, so asked for 5 shades to be used - thinking the factory would have the nous to vary the ventilation so that I got highlights and lowlights throughout the piece.

Instead they mixed all the hair colours together and the result was an apricot colour. Unwearable.
I thought I'd explained clearly but it didn't work for me.

For those of you who remember the UK TV programme 'Are You Being Served', just think of Mrs Slocombe and you'll get the idea.

I don't know what precise terminology you'd have to use to get what you want.

It's not highlights - you'd get blobs of colours with highlights - but more a subtle lightening in those areas.

I'd be happy to know how to describe that so that the factory understands what I want for future orders, so if anyone else has any ideas....?
Chesca

November 18th, 2011, 6:47 pm #7

Like canneair i should get an order in been thinking about enough. I think one problem is for me anyway is getting the description right, the perfect piece most likely can only be achieved if we get the specs 100% pre order perfect..

November 18th, 2011, 8:01 pm #8

You're right!

November 18th, 2011, 9:08 pm #9

Like canneair i should get an order in been thinking about enough. I think one problem is for me anyway is getting the description right, the perfect piece most likely can only be achieved if we get the specs 100% pre order perfect..
Hi guys, you are dead on that for a piece to look realistic it should not be monotone, as almost everyones real hair has a variation of color in it. That is why I always try to order 1 main color, and 2 other shades 1 darker and 1 lighter evenly distributed throughout the piece.

November 19th, 2011, 12:36 am #10

I have had a good amount of custom orders requesting a mix of 2 colors, so quite a few people seem to be doing this already.

I also think it's a good idea for some. If you really look at your own hair, you'll see in most cases that you have a couple (if not more) colors mixed in.

The problem of course is that this mix will only last until you need to color it from sun fade, etc...since the coloring products are one solid color.