Moderators: King Aquamentus, Junglelady, Roam

Junglelady
Warrior
Warrior

4:04 AM - Jan 23, 2018 #21

For some reason I remember formulating a response to this post in my head...and apparently I never posted it. Well, no time like the present!

I always really like The Sword in the Stone, but I feel like it is definitely underappreciated by the general public. In terms of shows, let me think...I keep meaning to rewatch Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors. I think Rugrats is brilliantly done, and I still really like the X-Men cartoon from the 90s. I didn't watch tons of television, but there are a lot of children's movies and books that I still absolutely love as an adult. I feel like there has to be one I'm missing mentioning, but it escapes me.

Now for my question: If you could pick an alternate career to try for fun, what's something you've always wanted to try doing? (Regardless of your abilities or skills)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" - Oscar Wilde

Semper eadem

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
- Walt Whitman

Joran
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

3:47 AM - Apr 23, 2018 #22

Oh this is just going to make me pine for my hockey playing days. It's still my first love and I entertained the notion of somehow making it as a pro one day despite always being the worst player on the team. I still hate the culture around the game that made me quit but it's still such a beautiful sport in motion. I'd step back out on the ice in a heartbeat, given the chance. Don't know how well I can skate anymore, though.

I don't really have any other answer. I've never entertained the idea of being much of anything else aside from hockey player, mechanic, or writer. I thought briefly about Police college but that thought faded quickly when I noticed the type of people I'd be working with. I went to a college that taught a Policing course and I didn't like the thought of joining up with people so flippant and arrogant about a future job that they really need to take seriously. I shuddered at the thought of these people protecting the public. That's why, in the end, I didn't even try and I still wouldn't.

Well that was saying a lot that amounted to nothing. Now it's question time. Jeez, um..... What was the last major city you visited? (It can be a smaller one if you haven't been to a big one). That's it. (Wow, great question, brain. *sarcasm*)
Alaina and Andrea, you are my roses. Please know that.

Raven Ironclaw
Peasant
Peasant

9:12 PM - Aug 18, 2018 #23

I recently got a new gaming motherboard for my computer and am experiencing some crashes...probably just getting used to it I hope...as for my question.

What just happened to the forums? were they bought out?
Zelda is Love
Zelda is Life

I've not been here in a long time, but I am happy to see it is not quite so dead.

Junglelady
Warrior
Warrior

1:28 AM - Sep 29, 2018 #24

I don't know what happened...I tried getting on here this morning and was so confused as to why everything looked different. I have checked up on the place a few times even though I haven't posted (health issues, sorry). But hopefully the place is still Juliet's...

My question:
If people don't feel comfortable continuing in this format, would you like to PM me and we can try to stay in contact through another forum one of us creates?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" - Oscar Wilde

Semper eadem

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
- Walt Whitman