Tuesday 12th June 2018

10:09 PM - Jun 12, 2018 #1

Pete Briscoe suggested Halton Gill, and 6 more of us agreed, Chris Miller, Dave Bateson , Mark Pierce, Mark Pilkinton, Richard Johnson and myself. I said I did not want a hard ride before tomorrow 's 25, so the pace was comfortable out on our usual route, Bolton by Bowland, Hellifield, Airton. A tumble for Pete, as we had to stop for a tractor on the steep climb up to Calton, then struggled to get going again on the climb, no harm done.
We continued through Hetton etc to Kilnsey where Mark Pierce stopped, we think he retreated to the cafe. We set off again and for a change took the RHS of the river on the narrow road up Littondale accompanied by an Oyster Catcher a long way from home and unlikely to find many oysters in the largely dry river bed.
A nice gentle climb over Halton Gill and a welcome lunch stop at Knight Stainforth, before returning home via Rathmell and Flass.
A great day out, nicely warm, not much wind, good company, good lunch, what more could you ask?

74ml @ 16.95mph.

2:00 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #2

Sounds like a great ride, Roger. But 74 hilly miles at 16.95 mph is hardly an easy ride for people of our age. I doubt you will be fully recovered for tonight's 25.

I just took it easy straight to Scorton and back. 47.6 miles @ 15.3 mph.

Dave.

7:47 AM - Jun 14, 2018 #3

You are of course correct, as evidenced by last night's results, but we did have a great day out! !!

Roger.
Ps The ride of the night must be Sue, faster than last year.
I think I should do what she does.

10:52 AM - Jun 14, 2018 #4

Agreed. Sue is in very good form at the moment. She did a good time in the Levens 10 on Saturday. She was very close to an age record last night according to Richard Taylor. I was 3:19 slower than last year although that was probably my best ride of the year (not fastest).