Information: This board is currently read-only.

Book and Videogame RP

General Huffin'-Snuff
Expert Gamer
Expert Gamer

March 19th, 2009, 11:22 am #1

Good Idea?

Total votes: 6
3(50%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
3(50%)
0(0%)

An RP about books and videogames! Use your self, characters from your favorite games and books, and items from those games and books!

I'll let someone else start. :lol:

Edit by Scientist upon request:

The characters that appear in the books and games are actually actors.
Pretty much like real-life actors; some of them may know each other, although they're playing different plots and stories.

They play their roles in front of the cameras, but they're actually friends, and some of them are rivals.
It's a friendly rivalry, like between folks of the same side. They're trying to do better than each other, and criticizing each other's performances. But if some kind of danger arises, they'll fight it altogether.

Fiction Scientist
Legendary Gamer
Legendary Gamer
Fiction Scientist
Legendary Gamer
Legendary Gamer

March 20th, 2009, 6:18 pm #2

Although this sounds interesting, I think it'd be better to create some sort of consistent plot first.

Rather than making an RP about all books and games together (which would turn into anarchy), you could say something like, "the characters are actually actors, playing their roles, but they're actually friends, some are rivals".

Any other plot or context similar to the above, that links the characters and events in a logical manner, would work.
[RPGData:350|1|30|30|15|15|4|4|None|None|Necromancer|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|0|None|None]

General Huffin'-Snuff
Expert Gamer
Expert Gamer

March 20th, 2009, 8:25 pm #3

Fiction Scientist wrote:Although this sounds interesting, I think it'd be better to create some sort of consistent plot first.

Rather than making an RP about all books and games together (which would turn into anarchy), you could say something like, "the characters are actually actors, playing their roles, but they're actually friends, some are rivals".

Any other plot or context similar to the above, that links the characters and events in a logical manner, would work.
OK......Can you do it? I'm sorta busy right now, and I can't really think of anything good.

YoshiSan
Advanced Gamer
Advanced Gamer
YoshiSan
Advanced Gamer
Advanced Gamer

March 21st, 2009, 12:44 am #4

Southeast wrote:
Fiction Scientist wrote:Although this sounds interesting, I think it'd be better to create some sort of consistent plot first.

OK......Can you do it? I'm sorta busy right now, and I can't really think of anything good.

Also what information is required for your character to be in the RPG (meaning what do you need to include in the profile)?
Take your time good ideas take time besides it's not like there's going to be any OTHER RPG's that'll grab peoples attention away from you if you wait XD.
Anyways I answered 'maybe' cause it has potential however I find that if you mix too many series (of anything from books to video games) they result doesn't come out well, so I think you should take suggestions for video game and book series people may want to have in the RPG to narrow down your choices.

SWORDS FTW!! I refuse to remove this awsome pic, below, till I have No More Heroes Desperate Struggle

"Lets search for that exit they call paradise"

Luigi's Apprentice
Junior Gamer
Junior Gamer

April 20th, 2009, 5:35 am #5

maybe just stay nintendo?

Oh, btw, whenever this gets started, i'll be a koopa named Eclipse
[RPGData:350|1|30|30|15|15|4|4|None|None|Necromancer|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|0|None|None]Click here to level up my license!
Don't let my little eggs die! All they need are a few clicks and views!
What the F<makes funny Yoshi noise>k?

General Huffin'-Snuff
Expert Gamer
Expert Gamer

April 20th, 2009, 2:19 pm #6

Ok, cool. I'd like YoshiSan to start.

YoshiSan
Advanced Gamer
Advanced Gamer
YoshiSan
Advanced Gamer
Advanced Gamer

April 23rd, 2009, 2:03 am #7

Southeast wrote:Ok, cool. I'd like YoshiSan to start.
Weeeelllllll I'm not much of a plot maker/starter unless I have a clear idea of what I'm basing this off of. Does anybody have any suggestions for what game/whatever they'd like it to be based off of.

SWORDS FTW!! I refuse to remove this awsome pic, below, till I have No More Heroes Desperate Struggle

"Lets search for that exit they call paradise"

General Huffin'-Snuff
Expert Gamer
Expert Gamer

April 23rd, 2009, 1:07 pm #8

Of of Nw Spr. Mro Brs.!

Luigi's Apprentice
Junior Gamer
Junior Gamer

July 3rd, 2009, 2:07 am #9

I don't want to be the bad guy...
[RPGData:350|1|30|30|15|15|4|4|None|None|Necromancer|0|None|None|0|0|0|0|None|0|None|None]Click here to level up my license!
Don't let my little eggs die! All they need are a few clicks and views!
What the F<makes funny Yoshi noise>k?

General Huffin'-Snuff
Expert Gamer
Expert Gamer

August 16th, 2009, 12:12 am #10

Delete this, it was a bad idea.