Your suggestions

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 2nd, 2008, 4:32 pm #1

Hi everyone. :)

I'm keen to hear members opinions on Nintendo 64 Forever; what are we doing right, what are we doing wrong, what could change for the better and what should stay the same? I'm going to investigate the possibility of making changes to the forum but I want to hear members opinions first. There's no guarantee that I'll be able to make all (or any) of the changes requested, but I will try my best.

Please also discuss each other's ideas (keep it friendly though :P ) so I can get a feel for what our members think of each suggestion.

Thanks,

alxbly.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 4th, 2008, 2:12 pm #2

Awww.... no suggestions?

dagoss
Elite

June 4th, 2008, 3:35 pm #3

1.) Find more members! (Seriously.)

2.) Also, I demand a black background with light gray text. That's the color of the N64 you know. White with blue and red isn't very N64-like. People know the N64 for what it looks like, not that tiny little logo!

3.) Ban Kerr Avon.

Really, we just need more traffic -- like desperately. For about a month, it seems like we've been on life support. We need to join forces or merge with another site, or hold people at gun point, or offer sexual favors, or something to draw in more users.

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 4th, 2008, 10:53 pm #4

Summer is usually slow for smaller forums, I don't think we're the only ones affected. The only way to get people involved to advertise this place as much as possible... which means posting elsewhere (GameFAQs, etc). Don't worry Dagoss, I won't let our forum die. :)

I'm happy to change the color scheme if that's what people want.

Applepieman
Veteran

June 4th, 2008, 11:55 pm #5

Is it possible to allow us to choose between different site skins?

As in, we choose which one we want our computer to display while another person might view it with a different skin?

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 5th, 2008, 8:46 am #6

Applepieman wrote: Is it possible to allow us to choose between different site skins?

As in, we choose which one we want our computer to display while another person might view it with a different skin?
Rapueda and I looked into this some time ago. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use more than one color scheme with this type of InvisionFree board. When the site gets upgraded to Zetaboards we will be able to have several skins. I've just recently implemented changeable themes on N64 Answers (see the bottom left of the page to change the color scheme) so I'd plan to do the same for Nintendo 64 Forever once the site changes over.

Applepieman
Veteran

June 5th, 2008, 4:08 pm #7

When exactly is Nintendo 64 Forever switching over?

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 5th, 2008, 5:33 pm #8

The honest answer is that I don't know. I wasn't given any prior warning when N64 Answers was changed over. I can opt to changeover sooner rather than later but, again, I don't know how long the change would take after I volunteer. Hopefully I'll have time to create a similar skin to this one so that the change isn't so noticeable.

Having seen some of the extra things that can be done on Zetaboards, I'm now quite keen to change over.

Applepieman
Veteran

June 6th, 2008, 2:46 am #9

Will the site still have the same web address?

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 6th, 2008, 9:13 am #10

The address will change but anyone using the current address will be redirected to the new site.