Your dream job?

stinger9142
Guardian

10:07 PM - Nov 25, 2012 #1

Well I am a week late, but let's get back to it.

What is your dream job if you have one?

For years I always thought I wanted to own a 2 sided business. I wanted a gun and knife store on one side and a mixed martial arts studio on the other. Lately I have been even more burned out on mma and found it harder to get motivation to teach my classes though. I am not sure if I would still give the same answer nowadays.

I also at a time wanted to be involved in making video games in some aspect. Outside of the two I mentioned I draw a blank. I never really loved anything enough to want to devote the time to make a career out of it. MMA was the exception, but it isn't enjoyable after over 15 years honestly.

DeeMoney
Guardian

11:15 PM - Nov 25, 2012 #2

Sounds like you need a break Stinger before you fully burn out.

My dream would to become a head coach for a basketball team. Local league here in Australia or even better, head coach at a Div 1 NCAA college in the states and of course the big one an NBA coaching gig.

Few things need to take place before this can even look like happening. I'll get the ball rolling soon and start doing some coaching courses and maybe look for a job locally to start off.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

stinger9142
Guardian

2:00 AM - Nov 26, 2012 #3

Awesome! More power to you on that one.

You are probably right man. It was fine for a while, but one of my 4 had to move (wife in the military). He happened to be my favorite student. Another kind of fell in with a a bad woman, and dropped out after over 3 years. I think he may be on drugs now. I still have 2 guys going. They are the two most talented at least. I doubt I could ever walk away though. I would be afraid I couldn't get the ball rolling again, and they would move on to other teachers.

Xephyrian
Veteran

4:26 AM - Nov 26, 2012 #4

As childish as it sounds my dream job would be a LEGO designer. Or at least as high up in LEGO as I could get. I've always loved the company and the toy (not so much pleased with the toys as of their recent direction) so I would love to work there. I may be making my first jump into the LEGO ladder within the next few months but I'll probably need my drivers license first.

stinger9142
Guardian

5:05 AM - Nov 26, 2012 #5

I always loved Legos! That would be an awesome job.

Alice Lawless
Veteran

6:54 AM - Nov 26, 2012 #6

My dream job is to be in a rock band and tour with some awesome people. How sick would it be just to play music and spend your life on the road with your friends? It's too bad I lack talent, or else I wouldn't be working in the computer field. I guess I'm living my realistic dream job then since I'm very happy doing what I'm doing.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS

297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

stinger9142
Guardian

10:12 PM - Nov 26, 2012 #7

That is awesome, stik. I have enjoyed things about various jobs I have had, but I have never "loved" a one of them.

Rockstar is very common. I wanted to be a pro-wrestler for a while, as well as an MMA fighter.

DeeMoney
Guardian

11:17 PM - Nov 26, 2012 #8

Have you had any fights Stinger??

stinger9142
Guardian

11:56 PM - Nov 26, 2012 #9

No, I have not had any. In fact almost all of my scrapping days were before taking any martial arts. Been in one street fight since. It was un-eventful and lasted all of 1 punch.

MMA was not nearly as huge when I was 17, I wanted to join the Lions Den in Lodi California after I graduated. Instead I met my wife and fell in love. Before turning 18 I had already promised her I would never competitively fight. See she kind of likes my face, and wants it to stay looking the way it does ;) So here we are 11 years later, training people for it instead. You know what they say, "those who can't do, teach"

My main guy should have his first fight sometime this coming year. I hope to put some links to his fights on here when he does.

He has faced some big time guys, but in un-official settings. He beat the pants off of them. One was a Gracie BJJ Blue Belt, the other was a national sparring grand champion.

DeeMoney
Guardian

3:00 AM - Nov 27, 2012 #10

haha fair enough then. Those links would be good. Always interested in MMA.