stinger9142
Guardian

November 28th, 2012, 7:15 pm #21

Given you are going to school for it, Cooper, you sound right in line for the career of your dreams! I wish you the best.

SicCooper
Veteran

November 28th, 2012, 7:25 pm #22

stinger9142 wrote:Given you are going to school for it, Cooper, you sound right in line for the career of your dreams! I wish you the best.
Thanks! Unfortunately, modeling is what EVERYONE wants to do, so its pretty competitive :/ But I really do enjoy it, and Im looking forward to working on something awesome in the future :)

hockeylife21
hockeylife21

November 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm #23

At the moment I have no idea what I want to do career-wise but my dream job would definetly be co-composing alongside Koji Kondo on Nintendo games. Although I have no knowledge of making music on the computer and I can only play percussive instruments, I think I can make decent music since I've taken Music Theory 3 years in high school. But alas this will never happen in a million years.

TNT737373
Veteran

November 28th, 2012, 11:26 pm #24

Vekoma64 wrote:I moved away from home and got my first job in theme park, LegoLand Windsor. I was 17 and would join the Attractions Team.
:blink: So very jealous... ha. My very first video games were the early PC ventures by Lego into the game market, and their always used to be advertisements in the games for Legoland Windsor. Not to mention also in almost every Lego magazine back then as well. Must have stared at well over 50 ads for that theme park. It's is still on my bucket list, maybe if I have kids one day we'll all go over to England and stop by.

Alice Lawless
Veteran

November 28th, 2012, 11:33 pm #25

TNT737373 wrote:
Vekoma64 wrote:I moved away from home and got my first job in theme park, LegoLand Windsor. I was 17 and would join the Attractions Team.
:blink: So very jealous... ha. My very first video games were the early PC ventures by Lego into the game market, and their always used to be advertisements in the games for Legoland Windsor. Not to mention also in almost every Lego magazine back then as well. Must have stared at well over 50 ads for that theme park. It's is still on my bucket list, maybe if I have kids one day we'll all go over to England and stop by.
Or you and I can go on a man-date to LegoLand in England. Life is too :pottymouth: and we could all die at any moment. I think the number one reason I'd want to have kids is so I can have an excuse to go to Lego Land again. Don't judge me.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS

297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

floorcat
Elite

November 29th, 2012, 12:08 am #26

stinger9142 wrote:Floorcat, you seem very much the type that succeeds at whatever they do. I to share in your desire to "create". I have been wanting to make a gun cabinet for months now. Just so little time.
Oh gosh, stinger... you're makin' me blush!! :lol:

Let's hope that by the time you're done with your gun cabinet, I would've (at least started) scratching my itch to create something. (And let's hope that something isn't just an even LONGER backlog of games!) ;)

This is probably why retired people always seem to say they're even busier after retirement than before - they're just catching up on all the projects they've been queuing up!

Vekoma64
Vekoma64

November 29th, 2012, 12:25 am #27

The parks in the Royal Windsor Great Park and is beautiful. Full of wildlife and placed on a hillside. On a clear day you could see a bit of London and grand views of the castle. The park started life as a Windsor Safari Park and some of my older family worked at the Safari Park. My mother grew up next door in small villiage and recalls a escaped Kanagroo bouncing past her athe bus stop in the 70's. :rofl: It was a sad day when the park went bankrupt but tastes change. People turned up for work and were not aloowed to enter, not even to feed the animals. It caused quite a lot of distress for everyone and the animals too. There were protests and campouts but the banks said they would relocate the animals. Some got new homes but most were :pottymouth:, including the parks whale. Many of the animals are burried on location.The whale is burried under the main entrance plazza in fornt of the BIG shop. Legos guide books just states the animals were rehomed. The banks sold the land to Lego and they pulled it all down and rebuilt the park. I once saw a plan of the park and where they burried the animals, I was told lego does not disturb or build in set places becasue of this. On a lighter note the parks service roads snake around the park because they use the roads from the safari park which means it takes a bizzare route up the hill. In plaes they still have slots in the roads where the gates to enclourses were and there was lots to discover hideen away from the public left over from the park. I have visted most of the Lego parks and they were nice but by far Windsor has the best landscaping and enviroment for a Lego park. Saying that though Legoland Florida(Cypris Gardens) looks like it could trump it but its on my list to visit. :D

I am such a theme park geek I have borrowed children to gain access to coasters that have adulit restrictions its cheaper then having your own plus you get to give them back.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

stinger9142
Guardian

November 29th, 2012, 12:27 am #28

well, just all your platinum trophies kind of give it away. Well, here is hoping that indeed! I would love to see if that is true about retirement :lol:

floorcat
Elite

November 29th, 2012, 1:02 am #29

Hehe... well, not having a kid (and until last year, a partner) gave me plenty of time to earn some PS3 trophies! ;)

And that's crazy (and quite sad) about all those animals, Vekoma... and pretty admirable of Lego to honor those that were slaughtered. Hearing your passion for amusement parks (and your happiness being employed there) really reminded me of this pretty awesome/inspirational podcast I listened to a while back... about a young guy (Cole Lindbergh) who really puts his heart and soul into his full-time amusement park job, even though he knows it will never earn him much money... and I really found myself kind of jealous of his situation - that he both understands his passion and loves his job (which essentially is his passion) so fully, that he exudes positive energy onto his employees, and really does make the world a better place, one happy amusement park go-er at a time.

Cabanon
Elite

November 29th, 2012, 2:12 am #30

am I weird not having a dream job ? I mean i really like what I do and it was way far from what I expected to do in life. still, im doing it for the last 10 years now and I still enjoy every day. Of course there's more rough time (like the last 2 months) by having twice what we can actually produce, but it's a challenge to make it fits and placing the good people at the right place to cut down production time and get the stuff out.