ShagoR
ShagoR

5:07 PM - Sep 27, 2017 #81

Yes of course, what i am hoping is that they will add the F Zero X expansion kit.

We'll see :)

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

3:18 PM - Sep 28, 2017 #82

I still wonder if they would do such a thing... The expansion kit...
Of course, it would be easy to port, with minimal translation needed, but:

- It's not an "unreleased" game in the sense of "cancelled". It just never got released out of Japan, automatically making it sorta uninteresting for the Japanese.
- It's a nice expansion, but most definitely not a system seller.

Starfox 2 was finished and pretty much cancelled JUST before release. They had a ready game that a lot of people were psyched about, making it easy to release it for a system like the SNES mini.
I don't think there is such a (first-party) title like that for N64, or not to my knowledge anyway, hence why I think it won't happen.

If it will happen, it will probably be something lame like Master Quest, which in theory never officially got released, for the N64 anyway.

Of course, I do hope for a surprise from Nintendo's side...

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

4:37 PM - Sep 28, 2017 #83

Considering that the only release of Master Quest in the West was a pre-order bonus for Gamecube Wind Waker, and also considering I still need to play the original, I'd actually be okay with that.

But the F-Zero X Expansion Kit would be neat too.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

4:28 AM - Oct 14, 2017 #84

It would be very easy for them to put Master Quest on it. The Gamecube version is actually emulation an N64 rom from the disc anyway.
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

8:20 PM - Oct 14, 2017 #85

i wouldnt because it slightly ruins the nostalgia of the original model
"On my Business card, I am a corporate president. in my mind, i am a game developer. but in my heart i am a gamer." Satoru Iwata (2002-2015)

Grizzmeister
Elite

2:03 PM - Dec 29, 2017 #86

BostonJohnathanGB wrote:i wouldnt because it slightly ruins the nostalgia of the original model
In what way? :huh:

To my mind the original model and the N64 Mini can peacefully coexist. The latter obviously makes sense to those of us who want to play our favorite N64 games on a modern HDTV that features HDMI inputs.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

MymeeN64
MymeeN64

11:38 PM - Jan 16, 2018 #87

BostonJohnathanGB wrote:i wouldnt because it slightly ruins the nostalgia of the original model
I agree with that. I feel like if you want to play n64 games you go get yourself a real N64! It feels like cheating having the mini. For me it's not only about the games we play on it, it's the whole experience of the carts and all that.

But the collector in me of course has to and will get one.

"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub: