Grizzmeister
Elite

June 27th, 2017, 6:11 pm #31

With the SNES mini now a certainty, we can safely assume that an N64 mini is a 2018 possibility. Really excited at the thought of having an official N64 controller that plugs in to the Wii-mote. :w00t:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

June 27th, 2017, 6:36 pm #32

I wouldn't buy it but seeing Starfox 2 on the Snesmini it would be great to see Twelve Tales on the N64 mini. I know the odds of any Rare game outside of Dk64 is slim or none in the case of Goldeneye and Mickey Speedway (lol) but it's a pipedream. The whole N64 mini is going to be awkward without some of the Rare games. I'd be interested to see what third party stuff even made it to the N64mini.

Konami supported the other minis quite well but for N64? Hybrid Heaven and the sports games have no chance in hell. Castlevania? That would be awkward considering that game has a negative stigma in the series. Maybe the Goemon games? I recall Konami owns Bomberman so that's probably a good choice

I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Sin and Punishment so that would probably be on there even though I doubt Mischief Makers would. Capcom may add Megaman64? Resident Evil 2 has a remake soon but I doubt that version would be added and Magical Tetris Challenge seems like it has no chance

I don't know most of the N64's best third party games came from companies that don't exist anymore or games that are so unknown they have no chance.

Milage007
Elite

June 27th, 2017, 6:45 pm #33

It is tempting and will be interesting what games they do manage to secure. It will be less than 20 on the system I expect but I may be wrong. Which would be a tad disappointing considering one can only assume the price will increase again from the Snes Mini.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Grizzmeister
Elite

June 27th, 2017, 6:58 pm #34

The N64 mini would have to support four players, right?

Anybody ready to guess which games will be included if the N64 mini becomes a reality?

More than likely the bonus game would be Sin and Punishment since Nintendo went through all the trouble of localizing it for the Virtual Console. :blink:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

June 27th, 2017, 6:59 pm #35

Milage007 wrote:It is tempting and will be interesting what games they do manage to secure. It will be less than 20 on the system I expect but I may be wrong. Which would be a tad disappointing considering one can only assume the price will increase again from the Snes Mini.
That's a good point. I'm surprised the Snes mini got less games than the original Nes mini. 21 games for $80 is a lot. Meanwhile Sega can release consoles with 80 games for less than $50 with decent build quality. What is the N64 version going to charge extra for 4 controllers and possibly still only have 20 games with like 4 having multiplayer? I would never buy it but then again I realize this is more for an easy gift for people who haven't played in 15 years.

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

June 27th, 2017, 9:40 pm #36

Oh I've had so many ideas for this since the nes mini was a thing. I would actually hope for the n64 mini to have GameCube controller ports instead of wiimote attachment ports.

Why? Because for some reason, Wiimote attachment port seems to give Nintendo reason to make the cords extra :pottymouth:. I'll have to wait and see about the snes mini's supposed 5 foot cord but the original gamecube's was already causing me problems. The smash bros GameCube controllers are so much better in that regard.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

NzBoi
NzBoi

June 28th, 2017, 9:47 am #37

I will (would) defiantly get one,It would be a shame to not have rare games but:

Mario Games (64, Tennis, Golf, Party, Paper)
DK
Zelda
Smash Bros
Pokemon stadum
Yoshi
Star Fox

It wouldn't even need third party games, but you can bet some great ones would be on there

The question of controllers is interesting, even if the do bundle it with 2 (a la the SNES Min) there would have to be support for up to four.
It would be amazing if they made it game cube style ports, but even if its the Wii mote style and even if there is only 2, they would at LEAST have to make some kind of multi tap available.

I have read that the SNES mini controllers cords are longer than the NES mini ones were

Anyway as i am guilty of collecting for the sake of collecting, i will get one to sit on the shelf and look pretty, even if it dosnt end up living up to expectations

All assuming they do one at all.... :yeah:

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

June 28th, 2017, 10:10 am #38

as a collector, ofcourse I would buy the N64 Mini, the Western and Japanese variant =)
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

sanni
sanni

June 28th, 2017, 10:34 am #39

The SNES Mini is $110 in Germany, I still ordered one since I want to at least hold it in my hands for a second. :wub:
Concerning the N64 Mini I really hope they do the funtastic series instead of the black/grey standard console.

bluedogrulez
Guardian

June 28th, 2017, 11:02 am #40

Gotta love how Ninty improved upon the NES mini release by have 2 controllers with longer cords and an unreleased game that nearly justifies the purchase by itself.

I'm not sure I'll divert Switch funds to get one, but the SNES mini is more intriguing to me than the NES mini.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez