Cabanon
Elite

November 14th, 2015, 1:25 pm #11

mine is the Mario Kart Gold Controller Contest controller from the March 1997 Nintendo Power issue. I've tried so much to be part of it to realise Quebec was out of the contest automatically for some stupid laws enforce by government regarding language & translation issues. I was massively annoyed when I heard that that one day I said if I could find one, I'd buy it no matter what. 4 years ago I see one pop up on ebay from the original owner with the letter and all, so yes I had to grab it & won the auction.

No64DD
Elite

November 14th, 2015, 2:25 pm #12

@Cabanon,
That kicks asphault! :yoshi:
A Secret star
lie here~

Houghton0609
Houghton0609

November 14th, 2015, 2:36 pm #13

Love that cabanon!!

DarkLink
DarkLink

November 15th, 2015, 12:16 am #14

Never heard of that controller before, really cool.
Everybody here has really nice gems.

I think my favorite item might just be the I love Techno Value Pak. I do have rarer stuff but the history is so unique and somehow I just fell in love with it.

Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!

Cabanon
Elite

November 15th, 2015, 1:27 pm #15

DarkLink wrote:Never heard of that controller before, really cool.
worst part is, it's nothing else than a plain Gold Controller. Those Mario Raceway lap time are atrocious. I remember being in the 1:20 when I tried to submit mine lol

Milage007
Elite

November 15th, 2015, 4:43 pm #16

It's been enjoyable looking through all your really cool and scarce items. I have nothing in that sort of league but I will share the real jewels in my collection as they are equally valid on a different merit.

1) My original Goldeneye Nintendo 64 from Christmas 1998. Only recently my dad found the Goldeneye sleeve in his attick making my original console package complete again. Everything you see is as it was originally albeit the controller I replaced with a minter. My old grey controller was thrown out years ago because I kid you not, the stick was like hanging out because I used to play the crap out of Goldeneye with my brother when we got this. This really does bring me joy just to look at. Nostalgia central right here.

2) Picking up a CIB Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine was an achievement for me as being a UK citizen they are not so readily available. Furthermore, I got it at a reasonable price. This was a game I remember seeing in an N64 magazine and one which I longed to play (being an IJ fan) and especially with the N64 being my favourite platform but obviously I never had the opportunity. Playing it now again is a real joy. You have to accept it is never going to be the standard of IJ & The Emperor's Tomb on the Xbox which I played before this and once you see past that it is actually a great game and the Tomb Raideresk game for the N64. I still need to complete this.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Retro Junkie
Retro Junkie

November 15th, 2015, 8:41 pm #17

There are a lot of good games that I prize among my N64 games library. For me, as I look over my N64 collection, it has to be my copy of Bangai O. May not seem like much for others, but for me, I waited too long to finally be able to snag a copy. I am a big fan of shootem ups. It is what sparked the gaming fever in me many years ago. To have this game complete and in super shape is totally unexpected.

November 15th, 2015, 8:50 pm #18

Vinyl wrote:My fav item is the ANA factory box and my Nintendo DS Advance Wars press kit.

on this picture are the top 10 rarest items I own:
-N64 ANA Edition CIB with shipping box (3 known to exist)
-Gamecube Heineken edition CIB (50 made)
-Hyundai Comboy 64 CIB (10 known so far in this condition)
-Gamecube Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle Limited Edtion (150 made MINT)
-Nintendo DS Advance Wars Press Kit (50 made 3 owners known)
-Gameboy Color CoroCoro 10th Anniversary (200 made? 2 known)
-Gamecube First Prototype Controller (?? made)
-N64 controller test cart prototype (???? made)
-N64DD promo mug (50 made 4 owners known)
-N64DD Development system with a blue disk and cart (1000 made? according to Serialnumbers)

Oh my!
What prototype game is that?
If it is what i am hoping it is...

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

November 15th, 2015, 9:16 pm #19

Makes a smile on my face when I see all those crown jewels. amazing!

And Supermariosan100, I don`t know what you are hoping for but as it said above, it's an Controller test cart prototype (at least I think that is the name of it) I made a video just to explain what it does (here) saves a ton of text to explain it =p .Never seen another one besides the "full" test cart.
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Bamboozled
Veteran

November 16th, 2015, 1:53 am #20

Milage, I love how you mention a crown jewel of yours is your original Goldeneye007. Nostalgia, I think, always trumps monetary value.