What is the first bad guy you ever killed in a video game?

MymeeN64
MymeeN64

January 22nd, 2017, 4:12 am #1

I hope this was as impressionable to others as it was to me!

I must have been 6. I remember watching my dad play DOOM on the PC. Eventually I became curious enough to try it. Here I go playing DOOM..... and it was terrifying!!! I died so fast!! The scary monsters killed me! I couldn't even look at the screen. I didnt play again for days!! Until something sparked enough courage in me to try once more.

The game starts and my heart is POUNDING right out of my little chest! Pushing my fear aside, i set my sights for my first victim...... and then I pulled the trigger. O M G I GOT ONE!!! :D :lol: :dance: That felt so great! I impressed myself! Naturally i got my hands on the first DOOM64 I could find!
[+] Spoiler
I like the alien/monster in the bathroom stall in the first level :rollseyes:
Looking through pictures im going to say it was an imp, even though i remember him being light blue with green hair? Maybe my brain was coping with the fear and i remembered him less scary.

"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

January 22nd, 2017, 2:31 pm #2

I bet that first trigger pull was a huge moment for many gamers playing Doom for the first time, and thus the unquenchable bloodlust began.

For me its harder to pin down because i had to have been 3-4 years old at the time. I've been told that Mario 64 was the first game i beat and that I played it so much that my parents couldn't play it, and that i beat the whole thing in front of them. Sad i can't remember such a triumphant moment but if i played the whole game then that means Bomb-omb Battlefield was my first level and there are 4 contenders there for my first kill. The Bombs, The Goombas, King Bomb-omb, and maybe that one Koopa in the corner.

What probably happened is that 3 year old me walked into a bomb and didn't pick it up so it just exploded on me.

No64DD
Elite

January 22nd, 2017, 4:41 pm #3

Cool topic.

I remember my mom bringing home someone's Atari 2600 and a shoebox full of games.
My first enemy would most likely have been a ghost on Pac-Man.

At first, operating an Atari 2600 was a team effort. It was like the equivelant of cranking over a Model T Ford.
A Secret star
lie here~

D.J Cat
Veteran

January 22nd, 2017, 5:22 pm #4

I honesty can't remember.

It was probably something obscure, but the first one I can remember would have been either a dog or normal soldier in Wolfenstein 3D. ?

Rocky
Rocky

January 23rd, 2017, 12:15 am #5

MymeeN64
MymeeN64

January 23rd, 2017, 3:11 am #6

No64DD wrote: At first, operating an Atari 2600 was a team effort. It was like the equivelant of cranking over a Model T Ford.
Hahaha :) funny visual :P

Was Mappy on the atari? I remember playing some cat and mouse game that had a bonus level where you would catch falling mice in a net? It had to me mappy right? Lol i get my mappy fix at the arcade when needed nowadays.
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

No64DD
Elite

January 23rd, 2017, 4:14 am #7

^_^

I never played Mappy. It looks like fun game though!
I'm really not sure if it was on the 2600. There are so many games for that thing.

Edit: It looks like Mappy was on everything but Atari!
Strange.
A Secret star
lie here~

stinger9142
Guardian

January 24th, 2017, 7:14 pm #8

great topic! I would guess either just a goomba or turtle on Mario, or possibly one of the bad guys from Double Dragon.

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

January 26th, 2017, 7:05 am #9

Seeing as Super Mario Bros. on NES was the first game I had ever played (according to my mom), I have full faith that my first victim was none other than the very first goomba you see in the game (the one near the first super mushroom). I don't have the specific memory in my head of me killing him (mind you I was 4 and my memory in general is absolutely terrible), but there's no way I'd pass up an easy kill like that even at that age. I am EnvyFox. I am the bringer of death. :mellow:

Grimakis
Grimakis

January 27th, 2017, 12:34 pm #10

The first game I ever played was Pokemon Blue on my cousin's Gameboy. I started a new game, with a Charmander, which means the first Pokemon I fought was Blue's Squirtle.

So I guess Squirtle? Is he a bad guy?