What Grinds Our Gears?

Deku Link
Deku Link

January 2nd, 2008, 7:58 pm #1

Post things that make you angry or annoyed.

One of my big issues is people who sign up here and either post once or twice OR never post at all. I mean if you're going to sign up post every once in a while.

Swim practice; why the hell do i have to go TWICE a day even over the holidays?

Nowadays anytime a game gets a sequel its usually worse and shallower than the first.

The fact that I cant have my 360 and my computer connected at the same time? But then why can my bro use his PS3 while im on?

dagoss
Elite

January 2nd, 2008, 8:31 pm #2

People that refuse to spell words correctly or deploy punctuation as per simple rules that every native speaker of the English language acquired in their primary education drive me bonkers. Firefox checks spelling automatically and Internet Explore has a plugin that accomplishes the same task. Pidgin automatically checks spelling in instant messages and I'd assume AIM can do the same thing. Every email client worth using will give you a helpful red line underneath any word that is misspelled. A typo or two is one thing, but blatant disregard for obvious mistakes that are so easy to correct drives me insane!

I look forward to the day I'm allowed to teach English 101 -- I'll finally be able to take revenge on the world that has annoyed me so.

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 2nd, 2008, 11:21 pm #3

Deku Link wrote: The fact that I cant  Have my 360 connected and my computer at the same time? But then why can my bro use his PS3 while im on?
I can have my PC, Wii, DS and 360 online at the same time. I don't understand why you can only have a PC or 360 online at once. How is it connected to the net?

There's not much that bothers me but mindless fanboyism gets old really quickly.

StYoung
Veteran

January 2nd, 2008, 11:50 pm #4

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!
dagoss,Nov 17 2007 wrote: OMG, this is the best topic ever made.? I nominate Steve for God!

dataDyne
Elite

January 3rd, 2008, 12:20 am #5

Nothing bothers me more than people who ask questions with more than obvious answers. I just don't understand it. Most of the time the person will already know the answer, yet proceed to ask somebody just for the sake of it.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

dataDyne
Elite

January 4th, 2008, 12:15 am #6

Another thing that really "grinds my gears" would have to be the endless number of trend-followers. The music scene is a perfect example of this. 3 years ago, hoardes of teenage girls (and some teenage boys) were obsessed with bands like Simple Plan, Blink 182 etc. Once those bands lost popularity and all these nonsense "metalcore" and "emo" (i.e. cheap, watered-down metal) bands started gaining exposure, they all threw away their Blink CDs and were suddenly fans of Killswitch Engage and My Chemical Romance, claiming that they're "metal" fans and never liked those previous bands. Once those bands lose popularity, they'll just move on once again. It drives me absolutely insane.
-alxbly

Applepieman
Veteran

January 4th, 2008, 12:17 am #7

When a guy, whose girlfriend cheated on him, cheats on her, she gets all upset, but she cheated on him first. Vice versa.

dataDyne
Elite

January 4th, 2008, 12:22 am #8

Applepieman wrote: When a guy, whose girlfriend cheated on him, cheats on her, she gets all upset, but she cheated on him first. Vice versa.
Yeah, that annoys me too. But in life, never forget this:

WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT...APPARENTLY.

Remember that and you'll never have any relationship problems. :lol:
-alxbly

Mop it up
Guardian

January 5th, 2008, 4:30 pm #9

-Games I enjoyed that didn't get sequels. Where's my Superman 64 2?

-People who think the PS2 is a good system. Even though I have never owned one and have only played a few games on it, I can say with the utmost confidence that it is a terrible system.

-peepl who lik to spel every word corectly and r bothered by those who dont r teh suxxors

-People who have made more than one post.

-People who think it is "Rapueda".

-Does 2+2 really equal 4? Because I know this 2-year-old who says differently.

-The Internet. All of it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

January 5th, 2008, 6:50 pm #10

The idea that Xbox 360 and PS3 games can't be fun because they don't have an "innovative" control scheme.