What's your go-to N64 game?

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

10:48 PM - Oct 05, 2016 #1

So I was curious, what's everyone's go-to n64 game when you dont want to play something new and when you dont want to have to think too hard? Mine are Destruction derby 64, beetle adventure racing and nfl blitz.

sublime1996525
sublime1996525

3:39 AM - Oct 06, 2016 #2

Mine is Ocarina of Time. It's just relaxing and takes me back.

Jsboger
Established Member
Jsboger
Established Member

12:25 PM - Oct 06, 2016 #3

Mario Kart, Battle Tanx
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

12:41 PM - Oct 06, 2016 #4

Robotron 64 and Rampage World Tour are perfect games for not thinking. My brain just kinda goes on autopilot when I play.

I also like to speedrun Space Station Silicon Valley and Chameleon Twist 2 so sometimes when I'm bored I'll just practice a few levels or just do a quick playthrough without timing myself to relax.

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

3:09 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #5

Jsboger wrote:Mario Kart, Battle Tanx
I need to give battletanx another shot. I wasn't a big fan when I first played it a few years ago.
Shellshocker18 wrote:Robotron 64 and Rampage World Tour are perfect games for not thinking. My brain just kinda goes on autopilot when I play.

I also like to speedrun Space Station Silicon Valley and Chameleon Twist 2 so sometimes when I'm bored I'll just practice a few levels or just do a quick playthrough without timing myself to relax.
That's cool, I can dig that. Rampage is definitely a good one for not thinking lol
sublime1996525 wrote:Mine is Ocarina of Time. It's just relaxing and takes me back.
That's one I don't ever wanna play through again lol. So much thinking lol

Milage007
Elite

6:28 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #6

Good thread. My first port of call is always Goldeneye when wanting a blast on the 64 relatively effortlessly. I always enjoy slotting it in and having a game. I still have my original from back in the day and it still has that aura about it that has never gone away.

I also like going on Perfect Dark, going on combat simulator, whacking a load of meat sims and dark sims on, selecting a good array of weaponry, setting my favourite music tracks on the game as the background music, loading my profile character and then having a shoot them up. This game was amazing as it allowed you to have that Goldeneye multiplayer feel at times when your mates or family were not there. It's still very enjoyable 17 years on or whatever it is.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

MyBeefCakes
Established Member
MyBeefCakes
Established Member

9:00 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #7

Milage007 wrote:Good thread. My first port of call is always Goldeneye when wanting a blast on the 64 relatively effortlessly. I always enjoy slotting it in and having a game. I still have my original from back in the day and it still has that aura about it that has never gone away.

I also like going on Perfect Dark, going on combat simulator, whacking a load of meat sims and dark sims on, selecting a good array of weaponry, setting my favourite music tracks on the game as the background music, loading my profile character and then having a shoot them up. This game was amazing as it allowed you to have that Goldeneye multiplayer feel at times when your mates or family were not there. It's still very enjoyable 17 years on or whatever it is.
Agree with this! Combat simulator and Goldeneye is my go to for single player but as the N64 in our house was always multiplayer the others are; Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart, DK64, my friends/family won't play GE multiplayer with me as they usually lose :(

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

9:02 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #8

Milage007 wrote:Good thread. My first port of call is always Goldeneye when wanting a blast on the 64 relatively effortlessly. I always enjoy slotting it in and having a game. I still have my original from back in the day and it still has that aura about it that has never gone away.

Perfect dark is one that I haven't revisited in quite some time....maybe I need to do that lol.
MyBeefCakes wrote:

Agree with this! Combat simulator and Goldeneye is my go to for single player but as the N64 in our house was always multiplayer the others are; Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart, DK64, my friends/family won't play GE multiplayer with me as they usually lose :(
I'd play you in mario kart real quick!

D.J Cat
Veteran

10:46 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #9

It's gotta be Goldeneye.

And yeah, I had that exact problem with multi-player Goldeneye.
Too good, no one wants to play...
Especially proxy mines on Bunker ?

Other good games I can get straight into are Lylat Wars or any of the racing sports games.
1080, Wave Race, excitbike 64 etc.
And F-Zero X!

heavyxfriends
Established Member
heavyxfriends
Established Member

11:29 AM - Oct 07, 2016 #10

Lylat Wars, it pratically plays its self now, i like being able to make the small desicion of which path to take and if I don't play through it doesn't even matter as its so short.