Jsboger
Established Member
Jsboger
Established Member

2:47 PM - Oct 11, 2016 #21

Dang I forgot about Rush 2 stunt mode. Definitely played that when I just want to kick back.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

bluedogrulez
Guardian

2:51 PM - Oct 11, 2016 #22

Ha, interesting question. So here's my honest answer. If I'm downstairs with the kids and they are hogging the Wii U, I am most likely to pop in Star Soldier. Has just the right mix of intensity, fun and great tunes for a short, unanticipated N64 play session.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

1:52 PM - Oct 12, 2016 #23

If it's been a hard day at work and I just want to relax for some mindless fun I like to put on some Star Fox, Road Rash, Tony Hawk 2, or Rampage. Namco Museum's also good for that - can't beat Pacman/Ms. Pacman for that kind of thing. Since re-buying Goldeneye it's gone back on that list as well.

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

11:57 PM - Oct 12, 2016 #24

LosTickaToeRest wrote:If it's been a hard day at work and I just want to relax for some mindless fun I like to put on some Star Fox, Road Rash, Tony Hawk 2, or Rampage. Namco Museum's also good for that - can't beat Pacman/Ms. Pacman for that kind of thing. Since re-buying Goldeneye it's gone back on that list as well.
all solid titles, especially star fox. It is just muscle memory at this point lol
bluedogrulez wrote:Ha, interesting question. So here's my honest answer. If I'm downstairs with the kids and they are hogging the Wii U, I am most likely to pop in Star Soldier. Has just the right mix of intensity, fun and great tunes for a short, unanticipated N64 play session.
Wow, so interesting that you chose that one, I dont consider that game mindless personally. It's cool that you do though. I need to revisit that one, it has been at least 15 years since i have played it!
Jsboger wrote:Dang I forgot about Rush 2 stunt mode. Definitely played that when I just want to kick back.
stunt mode will forever be that one
Intendall64 wrote:Ocarina of Time or Mario Kart all the way!
I've seen several people say OOT! I dont consider that mindless at all lmao. I went back a few months ago and couldnt figure anything out. Had to go to online walkthroughs. I have NO idea how I beat that game as a kid.
stinger9142 wrote:Probably would have to say Road Rash. Me and the Wifey both play it every now and again. PED HUNT!

After that, notable contenders are:
Mario Kart
Mario 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Pilot Wings
Perfect Dark
oh yeah Pilot wings. Totally forgot about that one. Definitely a relaxing one for sure.
Retro Junkie wrote:Depends on my mood. I go to Robotron 64, Bangai-O, Ridge Racer 64, or Bomberman Arcade Edition.
I just got bangai o 3 months ago CIB from a friend on IG and I absolutely love it!

danny_galaga
danny_galaga

12:53 PM - Oct 18, 2016 #25

1080 :)

BetaWolf
BetaWolf

4:49 PM - Oct 18, 2016 #26

D.J Cat wrote:
Jsboger wrote:Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

...Or maybe that it is just fun to do with some friends while drinking and place bets on who will win.
Yep, we used to do that.

Also in Melee.
Set up a 99 life 4 way match with 4 Donkey Kongs and with explosive items on.

Let's go Blue DK!
Smash 4 and Amiibo Fighters brings this to a new level!

My games are Star Fox 64 and Goldeneye. Handing me a controller with Star Fox 64 is basically giving the Arwing the best autopilot :P
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

D.J Cat
Veteran

4:54 PM - Oct 20, 2016 #27

danny_galaga wrote:1080 :)
https://youtu.be/niEPPuKdnvk

What's your best time for Golden Forest? ?

RLJA42
RLJA42

7:07 AM - Sep 06, 2017 #28

I play Mario Kart 64 and Pokemon Snap all the time. They're probably my go-to games. Always trying to best my scores (in MK64 on Time Trials).

danny_galaga
danny_galaga

1:51 PM - Sep 10, 2017 #29

D.J Cat wrote:
danny_galaga wrote:1080 :)
https://youtu.be/niEPPuKdnvk

What's your best time for Golden Forest? ?
Only just noticed this! My system is not properly set up at the moment but when I get it set up again I'll see what I can do in Golden Forest (",)

buddy1983
Elite

1:52 PM - Sep 14, 2017 #30

Mine would either be Goldeneye or OoT
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting