kartmaster
Veteran

October 7th, 2016, 1:53 pm #11

It's always kind of three games for me. Super Mario 64, PilotWings 64, and Top Gear Rally. There is so much nostalgia wrapped up in those games for me, it's really hard to be in a bad mood when I'm playing any of those. Just a very comforting feeling.

I love Mario Kart 64 but after some casual GP I always fall into stress inducing times trials runs, haha. I love love love GoldenEye too, but I just don't get the same stress melting effects I get from the afore mentioned three.

Jsboger
Established Member
Jsboger
Established Member

October 7th, 2016, 6:26 pm #12

Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

...Or maybe that it is just fun to do with some friends while drinking and place bets on who will win.
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

Kerr Avon
Kerr Avon

October 7th, 2016, 10:06 pm #13

Perfect Dark. The Combat Simulator, just me and eight sims, sometimes me against them all, other times with three teams (just me on one team, the other two teams containing the sims, it's great coming across two or more sims fighting one-another and knowing that I can attack any of them without having to check first if they're on my team).

D.J Cat
Veteran

October 8th, 2016, 5:33 am #14

Jsboger wrote:Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

...Or maybe that it is just fun to do with some friends while drinking and place bets on who will win.
Yep, we used to do that.

Also in Melee.
Set up a 99 life 4 way match with 4 Donkey Kongs and with explosive items on.

Let's go Blue DK!

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

October 8th, 2016, 6:10 am #15

D.J Cat wrote:It's gotta be Goldeneye.

And yeah, I had that exact problem with multi-player Goldeneye.
Too good, no one wants to play...
Especially proxy mines on Bunker ?

Other good games I can get straight into are Lylat Wars or any of the racing sports games.
1080, Wave Race, excitbike 64 etc.
And F-Zero X!
Wave race was my :pottymouth:. I was always more into cool boarders!
heavyxfriends wrote:Lylat Wars, it pratically plays its self now, i like being able to make the small desicion of which path to take and if I don't play through it doesn't even matter as its so :pottymouth:.
Yeah star fox is awesome. I need to go back and get all medals one of these days.
kartmaster wrote:It's always kind of three games for me. Super Mario 64, PilotWings 64, and Top Gear Rally. There is so much nostalgia wrapped up in those games for me, it's really hard to be in a bad mood when I'm playing any of those. Just a very comforting feeling.

I love Mario Kart 64 but after some casual GP I always fall into stress inducing times trials runs, haha. I love love love GoldenEye too, but I just don't get the same stress melting effects I get from the afore mentioned three.
Yeah mario 64 and turtles in time are the 2 single games that hold the most nostalgia for me. Every time I boot up mario 64 I feel like a little kid again.
Jsboger wrote:Another fun thing to do is boot up Super Smash Bros and have the CPU's fight each other and see if you can pick who will win.

I've actually never done that Hahaha. I need to try it!
Kerr Avon wrote:Perfect Dark. The Combat Simulator, just me and eight sims, sometimes me against them all, other times with three teams (just me on one team, the other two teams containing the sims, it's great coming across two or more sims fighting one-another and knowing that I can attack any of them without having to check first if they're on my team).
I gotta get back around to playing that again
D.J Cat wrote:

Yep, we used to do that.

Also in Melee.
Set up a 99 life 4 way match with 4 Donkey Kongs and with explosive items on.

Let's go Blue DK!
Lmao Jesus that's a long match

stinger9142
Guardian

October 8th, 2016, 1:02 pm #16

Probably would have to say Road Rash. Me and the Wifey both play it every now and again. PED HUNT!

After that, notable contenders are:
Mario Kart
Mario 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Pilot Wings
Perfect Dark

Retro Junkie
Retro Junkie

October 9th, 2016, 1:41 pm #17

Depends on my mood. I go to Robotron 64, Bangai-O, Ridge Racer 64, or Bomberman Arcade Edition.

Intendall64
Intendall64

October 9th, 2016, 2:33 pm #18

Ocarina of Time or Mario Kart all the way!

Xephyrian
Veteran

October 9th, 2016, 7:33 pm #19

Me and some friends at college get together on Thursdays for some N64 fun. We almost always do Smash Bros and I've recently gotten them into Rush 2. Stunt mode is life haha

SoloJones64
Established Member
SoloJones64
Established Member

October 10th, 2016, 9:20 pm #20

Xephyrian wrote:Me and some friends at college get together on Thursdays for some N64 fun. We almost always do Smash Bros and I've recently gotten them into Rush 2. Stunt mode is life haha
Hahaha man you already know that stunt mode is legit!