What's your favorite sports team?

stinger9142
Guardian

January 9th, 2018, 8:38 pm #1

Special thanks to our own bluedogrulez for the idea :yeah:

Most of us (myself included) have some affinity for sports of some kind.

For myself, I love American college football. The Tennessee Volunteers are my team.

I grew up in Oklahoma. Despite of the rich winning football traditions there, I hated it. I wish I had come around sooner. In 2002 I stated watching Tennessee football with my wife's family. I quickly became a fan. Soon I also started keeping up with the Oklahoma Sooners, but they were a distant 2nd to my Vols.

Despite the struggles of the last 10 years, I root for them every time they play. I am glad I have gotten to go to a handful of games, albeit none since 2008. Nothing like watching a game with over 100,000 fellow fans.

Outside of college football, I do enjoy Tennessee basketball as well. Got to meet our coach last year. I occasionally will watch the OKC Thunder play in the NBA when they make the finals. NFL I have no real team I root for. Some boring Sunday afternoons have found me watching a random game though.

So who do you root for?

Cabanon
Elite

January 10th, 2018, 1:22 am #2

I'm Canadian, so it has to be a hockey team ! and yeah Montreal Canadiens is my fav team but I dont get upset when they loose and oh boy they're loosing hard this year. reminds me of the early 2000 years.

D.J Cat
Veteran

January 10th, 2018, 6:30 pm #3

Excellent topic!

My favourite is the Brisbane Lions, our local team in the AFL (Australian Football League)

Don't know where to begin, but have liked them since 1998, before I even lived up here.

They won 3 premierships in a row from 2001-2003 which was absolutely legendary, they haven't been as good since, but are finally on the verge of turning it around (typical biased fan opinion ? )

Here is a highlight, one of the greatest comebacks of all time.
I was there for this game.
Absolutely incredible, unforgettable moment to be a part of.
Will be talking about it still in 50 years time I think.

https://youtu.be/0pV014TGg9A

EDIT:
And for a highlight from 8 years before that, check out this one!
Just happens to be against the same team they did the crazy comeback against!
https://youtu.be/Bb4hMZKtRA4

bluedogrulez
Guardian

January 11th, 2018, 12:01 pm #4

@DJ Cat: ESPN used to air AFL games years ago, and I loved watching them, even though I didn’t have a clue as to what was really going on. That was some comeback...Like an NBA team draining deep three-pointers, your boys were putting them through the middle uprights from far away and all angles. Must have been magical to be there.

I look forward to contributing to this thread soon,...
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

Milage007
Elite

January 11th, 2018, 9:05 pm #5

Good :pottymouth:! I’m a huge football (as in soccer to most of you guys) supporter and love to follow my team, go to games, but also watch other teams on tv, play personally and also on football video games both manager and traditional games although less manager these days due to time constraints.

I support Aston Villa, which is pretty much local (I live not far from Birmingham, England). I also enjoy watching the national side although we are not very good really, forever underachieving etc.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

buddy1983
Elite

January 12th, 2018, 12:27 pm #6

Support my local team Reading FC and have done since 2004. Growing up no one in my family like football so i was never taken to a live game. In 2004 that changed when my mate had a spare ticket and I was hooked from there, game was terrible 1-1 drawing with Crew alexandra but it was enough for me.

These days I go less and less as my wife works weekends and I have both kids who are still a little too young to take. I have taken my eldest twice but it was a bit of a nightmare keeping her entertained whilst the game was going on.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 12th, 2018, 2:44 pm #7

Does the Swedish Bikini Team count? :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

stinger9142
Guardian

January 12th, 2018, 11:07 pm #8

:lol: - Grizz

I am not shocked at all to see the number of soccer fans we have on here!

Milage007
Elite

January 13th, 2018, 5:25 pm #9

buddy1983 wrote:Support my local team Reading FC and have done since 2004. Growing up no one in my family like football so i was never taken to a live game. In 2004 that changed when my mate had a spare ticket and I was hooked from there, game was terrible 1-1 drawing with Crew alexandra but it was enough for me.

These days I go less and less as my wife works weekends and I have both kids who are still a little too young to take. I have taken my eldest twice but it was a bit of a nightmare keeping her entertained whilst the game was going on.
Tables seem to have turned this season Buddy! Villa doing as well as Reading last year and Reading as poor as Villa. Hopefully we can keep it up and mount a serious promotion challange. Villa need to be back in the Premier League. UTV.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

buddy1983
Elite

January 14th, 2018, 8:54 am #10

It's painful to watch this season. Yaps tactics clearly aren't working and he's too stubborn to change it up. Real possibility of us going down this year which would be a massive shame. Make next year's FIFA more interesting though :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting