UK PAL Nintendo 64 kiosk demo units

Eddydacat

September 21st, 2017, 9:24 pm #1

Hello All,

I've been lurking on the site for some time but took the plunge tonight and registered as a new member.

I have been an N64 fan and collector since around the late 90s when I got my first console brand new for my birthday when I must have been around 10 years old.

My main reason for joining is the wealth of information and knowledge on this site.

I have become very interested in Nintendo 64 Kiosks and demo units, and there seems to be a lapse in information (or I just cannot find it), surrounding kiosk and demo unit information.

There seems to be a lot out there on the US kiosks with what I call the 'bubble' clear plastic cover over the console, but I can only find a handful of pictures of the U.K. Versions which seem to have a square cover and completely different illuminated top sign, controller arms and pretty much a completely different unit.

Link to the only one of 2 in the uk I've ever seen below,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVpX8drAwkT ... atasarcade

I would love to know if any others exist, if there is any information of which stores in the UK that they were demoed/displayed in and all the other good stuff.

I also have seen that in the US there seem to be lots of Mario 64 variants, but nothing else. I have now seen a UK Zelda Ocarina of time Demo Kiosk, but never seen anything else that even comes close to this, and want to know more on variants too.

Any help or guidance for further information would be much appreciated great or small.

Thanks in advance and hello to all,

Bill, U.K.

Eddydacat

October 10th, 2017, 7:10 pm #2

Bump. Any takers?

Milage007
Elite

October 11th, 2017, 7:08 am #3

Welcome to the forum. I don't know a lot about kiosks but agree they are awesome. I do know of somebody with one though so I will reach out for you and try to get some pictures. I think from memory it is similar to the one you shared on IG rather than the bubble top you refer to.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

October 11th, 2017, 7:57 am #4

There is a PAL AUS unit for sale right now. It is a different unit again. I'll document the pictures later, but for noe, here's the link.

https://m.ebay.nl/itm/222656062441

KelamyAUS
KelamyAUS

October 11th, 2017, 10:32 am #5

Kamikaze wrote:There is a PAL AUS unit for sale right now. It is a different unit again. I'll document the pictures later, but for noe, here's the link.

That one has been up for sale for a little while, it is missing a lot. It doesn't have the original TV, missing a mesh piece that goes in front of the TV, doesn't have the Nintendo 64 logo piece that goes over the light at the top, no controller arms, missing the big piece at the front that has a raised N64 logo and on both sides, the N64 logo stickers have peeled off. It is quite a poor example.

No64DD
Elite

October 11th, 2017, 5:43 pm #6

I can't say i ever seen one of these. It's nice to hear an assessment of what it should have.
A Secret star
lie here~

Eddydacat

October 11th, 2017, 7:40 pm #7

Hello All, thanks for the welcome.

I knew people would reply in the end! Many thanks to all that have replied, it's great to get a conversation going.

Milage007 I would really appreciate that. I'm finding it so difficult to find information on these, so any snippet would be most gratefully received.

Kamikaze, thanks for the link. This is yet another different version, I'm guessing the Aus version. Shame it's missing bits as I'd imagine they would be very difficult to replace.

Keep the info flowing ?

Kind regards,

Bill

Rocky
Rocky

October 11th, 2017, 11:03 pm #8

KelamyAUS wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:There is a PAL AUS unit for sale right now. It is a different unit again. I'll document the pictures later, but for noe, here's the link.

That one has been up for sale for a little while, it is missing a lot. It doesn't have the original TV, missing a mesh piece that goes in front of the TV, doesn't have the Nintendo 64 logo piece that goes over the light at the top, no controller arms, missing the big piece at the front that has a raised N64 logo and on both sides, the N64 logo stickers have peeled off. It is quite a poor example.
Would you happen to have a picture of a complete one? Curious to see what it looks like!

KelamyAUS
KelamyAUS

October 12th, 2017, 6:04 am #9

Rocky wrote:
KelamyAUS wrote:

Would you happen to have a picture of a complete one? Curious to see what it looks like!
Here is the best picture I can find online at the moment of a complete one. The dome where the TV sits, should be placed over the console.

Canada also had a similar one to the Australian kiosk, with some differences.

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

October 12th, 2017, 8:31 am #10

I assume this is the same one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YwvmGavmA