hockeylife21
hockeylife21

October 28th, 2013, 11:27 pm #331

I bought it last week off CL for like $20 or something its really fantastic I love the gamepad features

Striker
Striker

November 1st, 2013, 2:38 pm #332

Thanks man. Bought it new off of eBay but we will see whats going on- seller is not responding to e-mails.

Does anyone know if the Mario & Luigi themed Wii motes are limited editions or are they here to stay for a while?
Wii U ID- Striker3

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

November 1st, 2013, 2:50 pm #333

Unlike recent limited ed. items, these two have not made such reference neither at Nintendo nor retailers' sites, so I believe they will stick around for a while.

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

November 6th, 2013, 9:31 am #334

This is what Iwata said about Nintendo's relationship with third-party developers:

"In terms of how we view our relationship with third-party publishers, I think it is natural that there is a difference between publishers who have the software development resources like Nintendo’s to build a software lineup of their own and publishers who do not.
Since former President Yamauchi passed away, I have been considering what he taught us in the end, and his words that the worst thing we can do in entertainment is to follow what others are doing spoke directly to my heart.
Following and imitating others is the kind of reasoning that Nintendo tries to avoid the most, and while we certainly do not have a negative attitude toward strengthening our ties with third-party publishers, employing the same methodology as the other manufacturers would only lead to the most simplistic competitive approaches, such as price wars or money-giving that would never end. We would like to take a unique approach of our own and build sustainable relationships with our third-party publishers.”

Striker
Striker

November 11th, 2013, 3:22 am #335

Wii U ID- Striker3

buddy1983
Veteran

November 11th, 2013, 9:06 am #336

Be very surprised if that happened.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Mk II
Elite

November 11th, 2013, 9:43 am #337

Not going to happen.
Even if the Wii U "fails" - contrary to popular belief, it's not a winner takes all contest - Nintendo will continue to make and sell games and turn a (smallish) profit.
Look what happened in the Gamecube era; Nintendo finished third but came back strongly with the Wii.
They won't abandon the Wii U just like that and they won't leave the home console business either.

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

November 11th, 2013, 10:31 am #338

I'm not Michael Patcher or anything (not that he makes good predictions...) but I'd say that it won't happen. Yes the first year was horrible but killing the WiiU doesn't seem real. It might eventually die sooner than others but no. WindWakerHD resulted in 600+% sale increases in the UK alone, now WiiU Party increased sales 1500+% in Japan, Mario is coming, so is SSB, the Wii is gone (almost...mini), hopefully they will commit to better advertisement.
Note: I'm not desperately rooting for Nintendo, I'm not a fanboy and what I say doesn't change a thing. But I do strongly believe the numbers will increase and they'll still make a profit.

Nagato
Nagato

November 11th, 2013, 10:34 am #339

I may have access to a Wii u basic console but it doesn't have a controller pad that comes with it. (I would get this unit for $1)
It has been tested and works, but no controller pad.

Where can I get this controller pad? I can't see any on the Australian ebay.

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

November 11th, 2013, 11:57 am #340

Nagato, I just made a search on ebay.com and a few showed up. Keep in mind that, as far as I know, stores don't sell this as the others controllers. It won't be cheap either.
And being a complex controller with a touch screen and all, my guess is we won't be seeing clones/3rd party ones flooding like the wiimotes and nunchucks.