To those of you who own or plan to own Amiibos: What will you be doing with them?
bluedogrulez
Guardian

December 5th, 2014, 3:54 pm #61

YogurtStorm wrote:
Vinyl wrote:I also saw that Amiibo does not work while it's still in the box, there is a aluminum cover under it to prevent the Amiibo beeing scanned
That's kind of a shame for sure, I know that I can use my rare Skylanders with the games without needing to open the boxes. Not sure what prompted this design decision, it's not like you can bring a Wii U into the stores with you and scan them straight off the shelves.
Well, I can tell you that the two amiibos I have stashed as gifts for friends would have been totally scanned in by me for MK8 by now. >:-] I would reap the MK8 benefit without purchasing the amiibos for myself. >:-] :yeah: And I would not have to broche the ethical issue of whether I awkwardly (and selfishly) ask my friends, like 5 seconds after gifting them the amiibos, hey, do you mind if we scanned those amiibos I just gave you into my Wii U? :facepalm:
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

December 5th, 2014, 4:22 pm #62

Mk II wrote:Woot!
My local MediaMarkt shop had a amiibo restock with the most popular models and their "buy two, get one free" promotion is still running.
So i immediately took the opportunity to snatch up good old Mario, the inevitable Pikachu and last but not least Star Fox.
I'm so glad i started off with some of the rarer figures or i wouldn't have had anything to buy now!
And guess what I have here for you ;)

Mk II
Elite

December 5th, 2014, 4:45 pm #63

wrote:And guess what I have here for you
Oooo... this can't be true.. a Marth?
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Conker69
Conker69

December 5th, 2014, 8:31 pm #64

Just waiting for my two Marths to come in.

Just a simple guy with an average collection.

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

December 6th, 2014, 11:47 am #65

Mk II wrote:
wrote:And guess what I have here for you
Oooo... this can't be true.. a Marth?
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Yep :yeah:

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

December 6th, 2014, 5:45 pm #66

You know something made me curious,

So far all the Amiibo Characters are in the same pose then on the website.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/

So .. how would the make THIS?
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

bluedogrulez
Guardian

December 6th, 2014, 8:53 pm #67

Just a quick note on amiibo functionality with MK8, your Mii amiibo costume (for example, Samus) is usuable and visible online to other racers. :yeah: (I do note that the map icon will still be a regular mii icon).
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

Mk II
Elite

December 7th, 2014, 10:22 pm #68

BTW: the illegitimate offspring that run the MediaMarkt retail chain have jacked up the amiibo price with two euro from 12.99 to 14.99
That's cheaper than most other stores here in the Netherlands but still... sheer daylight robbery!
Visited several locations yesterday in search of a Kirby figure but alas; all i could find was Peach, Pikachu and most surprisingly Samus.

Grizzmeister
Elite

December 8th, 2014, 1:00 am #69

Nintendo Looking to "Triple" Profits; Amiibo To Bring in 1 Billion Yen in US Alone

"With Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 gaining popularity, the Kyoto-based company projects it will sell 3.6 million Wii U consoles this year and take in $1 billion from Amiibo sales in the U.S. alone."
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

December 9th, 2014, 12:15 am #70

Vinyl wrote:You know something made me curious,

So far all the Amiibo Characters are in the same pose then on the website.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/

So .. how would the make THIS?
My guess would be to still make it sort of 2D, making it look flat, but instead of being paper thin they would make it with about 1cm of dept.

Something like this:
(Sorry for the picture, was the only one I found that kind of represents what I'm saying lol)