The White Falcon
The White Falcon

November 12th, 2016, 3:15 am #31

Nintendo of America's already said they'll be shipping tons more units as the year continues.

bluedogrulez
Guardian

November 12th, 2016, 3:16 am #32

Red, are you telling me that a Walmart got only 6 units?!? I get it with gamestop; smaller stores, tighter inventory control. But the mighty (and voluminous) Walmart was allocated only 6?!? That is mind-blowing.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

floorcat
Elite

November 12th, 2016, 2:53 pm #33

Because why? Because Nintendo.

Because Nintendo loves artifical scarcity. :facepalm:

bluedogrulez
Guardian

November 12th, 2016, 3:55 pm #34

Nintendo does create plenty of foreseeable scarcity and does so at the cost of forgoing profits....is it that afraid of deadstock, markdowns or dealer returns?!? Or do they skimp on market research so that they truly have no idea how well their products will be received beyond the "fanboy" base?!?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

No64DD
Elite

November 12th, 2016, 4:09 pm #35

Has anyone watched the certain Youtube channels that got one early to unbox/review?
Even now after release, they all say the same thing. It's excruciating!

A Secret star
lie here~

Milage007
Elite

November 12th, 2016, 9:41 pm #36

Sold out everywhere here too. Annoying on the game groups on Facebook you see people who have pre-ordered like 10 or something crazy to sell on. I can't believe people are paying well above the retail prices?!?! They're proving popular, they'll make more, and soon we can all have one and there will be an over supply.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

The Red Shadow
Guardian

November 12th, 2016, 11:08 pm #37

bluedogrulez wrote:Red, are you telling me that a Walmart got only 6 units?!? I get it with gamestop; smaller stores, tighter inventory control. But the mighty (and voluminous) Walmart was allocated only 6?!? That is mind-blowing.
Yep, all the local Walmarts in my town ended up with the same amount but Best Buy ended up with over 20. And they also sold out nearly immediately.

No64DD
Elite

November 13th, 2016, 12:40 am #38

If it weren't for "social media" (not as we know it, but as they know it), these things would be in every video game store on Earth right now.
At this point, i'd have to say that NMI- Nintendo Merchandising Incorporated, is a shell of it's former self.
It's a cool item, and i understood it's purpose 5 seconds after discovering it's existence. What new element is Nintendo giving the entire human race, that they already didn't know about what an NES with 30 games does?! Again? For the several consecutive time???

* Re-designed NES
* Gameboy Color ports
* GameBoy Advance ports
* Wii Virtual Console
* WiiU Virtual Console
A Secret star
lie here~

Cabanon
Elite

November 13th, 2016, 5:35 am #39

sounds like Wii all over again. very limited stock, always sold out, no idea when they come in and no idea how many. kind of depressing coming from a company that re-started the video game business. There's people at Nintendo that need to be fired. As if they don't know their market. wtf is wrong with these people !

Milage007
Elite

November 13th, 2016, 7:58 am #40

@Cabanon

1) They probably under supply on purpose knowing they'll sell out, hoping more people think crap I can't get one. When you can't have something, sometimes, it kinda makes you want it more. Could just been a sales technique. They could be sat on quite a few of them - the next :cussfit: IS scheduled before Christmas I believe so could be this. Make people put it on their X'mas lists.

2) They under supply because yes they don't know their market. I guess something like this is hit and miss. Really, you do have to be careful because not everybody wants one of these or is even interested. None of my friends are or will be. It's just a few games from back in the day. To be honest only a few games on there with any nostalgic attachment (I'm gutted no Paperboy or Turtles).

I've noticed a lot of people pre ordered two of these one to play and one to keep sealed in the hope it will be worth a small fortune in the future. I have a feeling they won't be though. There will not be as much nostalgic attachment and collectibility to these as the original NES I predict.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?