The White Falcon
The White Falcon

6:44 PM - Feb 27, 2017 #21

So someone got an early copy of the Wii U version. The game is much improved over the E3 build, and much closer to the Switch version. It is locked at 720p vs the 900p docked Switch resolution.

It does see some framerate drops when a lot of action is on screen, but nothing below 20FPS. Looks to be a solid version overall.

On the bad side, it has no GamePad functionality other than Off-TV Play; in game the screen is black with a "Tap Here to Play on the GamePad" icon displayed.

buddy1983
Elite

7:10 PM - Feb 27, 2017 #22

That sucks, having gamepad options is always good. Looking forward to this one :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

No64DD
Elite

4:47 PM - Mar 03, 2017 #23

I keep seeing trailers and such for Horizon: Zero Dawn, which sounds like a new smartphone.

This is obviously a blatant rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

It's 2017, when has it ever worked out going against a Zelda game before?
I haven't played either, but why do the heads that greenlight these clone projects think it's still a good idea??

Cringeworthy. :-X
A Secret star
lie here~

floorcat
Elite

8:59 PM - Mar 03, 2017 #24

No64DD wrote:I keep seeing trailers and such for Horizon: Zero Dawn, which sounds like a new smartphone.

This is obviously a blatant rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

It's 2017, when has it ever worked out going against a Zelda game before?
I haven't played either, but why do the heads that greenlight these clone projects think it's still a good idea??

Cringeworthy. :-X
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a critically lauded game where (from what I hear) you play as a female protagonist hunting giant robot dinosaurs in your quest to uncover the mystery of what brought the world to the (post-apocalyptic?) state it currently is in. From what I recall/gather, it began development and was announced well before Breath of the Wild.
You could call it a "clone" of BotW in that:
  • It's a video game
  • It has an open world
  • One of the weapons is a bow (?) - Even though I own both, I've not played either game, so this is an assumption
  • The protagonist has two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, and 4 limbs
I struggle to see what there is to cringe about... let's keep an open mind about things and not blindly dismiss anything through sheer ignorance. :yeah:

No64DD
Elite

9:32 PM - Mar 03, 2017 #25

I guess it was the similar gameplay and comparitive screenshots seen from the heavy advertising that made me cringe.

I didn't realize that HZD took 6 years to develop, so games like that should always be good!
It just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.
Don't mind me, i just needed to vent a little.
I didn't get a Switch today like i would've wanted, and don't mean to offend true PS4 gamers.

Go Zelda! :link:

A Secret star
lie here~

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

8:57 PM - Mar 04, 2017 #26

I actually like the new Zelda game...when I played the beta in September, it was really different at some point. looks great, love the zelda OOT 'story' and gives a good feeling,
at some points the game loses a few frames though.. (monsters+tall grass+lights and shadow makes it a bit hard for the switch)

there is only 1 thing that really.. really REALLY bothers me..
I care about looks, it's awesome to have a bad :donkey: sword/armor/shield and all combined..

what troubles me is: everything, breaks... so I love my.. but when it breaks.. it's gone..
I read that only the Master sword/shield are the only items that won`t break

unless later in the game there is like a 'blacksmith' that gives 100000% more durability to the items? I dunno
https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

The White Falcon
The White Falcon

3:38 AM - Mar 05, 2017 #27

So far I'm really enjoying it. It's a very different feeling than prior games, but familiar at the same time.

And it's much more compelling than most open world games.

sublime1996525
sublime1996525

7:18 AM - Mar 05, 2017 #28

I'm liking it so far.

Boomdiers
Veteran

8:08 AM - Mar 05, 2017 #29

I am extremely enjoying every minute of it, so much shrines to explore, different battles to mix things up, unexpected mini-boss battles and so much to explore.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

6:22 AM - Mar 06, 2017 #30

Same here. I did my best to avoid all the hype amd jump in as blank as possible, and I like it. The open world and cooking somehow really add something to the game.
Only downside is the fact everything breaks, specially weapons (swords, spears). We play and use low level items, just because they WILL break and we do not want to loose that awesome better sword...