Grizzmeister
Elite

December 29th, 2017, 1:41 pm #41

Here's a thought - if Nintendo does in fact release an N64 Classic Edition is 2018, prices on the original cartridges might experience an uptick. This will probably be :pottymouth:-lived, however, so if you've been considering cashing in on your collection - that may be your best last chance.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

The White Falcon
The White Falcon

December 29th, 2017, 7:45 pm #42

Imgur's not accepting uploads at the moment, but I did a little checking on Price Charting. NES more or less peaked around mid 2016 and hasn't really changed since, and the same goes for the SNES.

As for the N64's contemporaries, average PSX game prices have declined 10% since September 2016, while the Saturn has seen a much larger (and quite welcome) 25% drop in that same time period. In general there seems to have been a peak across the board mid 2016, with either stagnation or declines in prices. (of the systems I have charts for, Sega CD and Game Boy Color are the only ones continuing to increase, though it's only a few bucks)

Long story :pottymouth:, I'm not sure there will be a price jump.

Grizzmeister
Elite

December 29th, 2017, 9:01 pm #43

The White Falcon wrote:Long story :pottymouth:, I'm not sure there will be a price jump.
Thanks for the insightful information, TWF! :yeah:

Nonetheless, a Wii Mini is still potentially one of the highlights of 2018 for me. :-8
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

January 19th, 2018, 12:19 pm #44

I'm pretty sure I noticed a couple n64 cartridges jumping up in price by a very small amount. Last time I looked at Namco Museum 64 it was around $5 but now at Gamestop.com and Lukie Games it's going for $10. Like I said, rather inconsequential but still.

I admit I've probably racked my brain too much over the physical vs. digital debate anyway but now I'm leaning more towards physical. What probably sealed the deal for me is that Nintendo's going to be turning off the Wii Shop eventually. Coupled with the fact that I technically don't own the games I've purchased online with Nintendo, it just feels more secure to get the cartridges.

Also, if my dream of emigrating to Japan becomes a reality, I know what I need to do to get an N64 working with all my cartridge games. Not sure about the Wii plus there's the whole "licensed for the US only" thing.

On the other hand, cartridges are sturdy but not immortal, plus there's the issue with original N64 controllers vs. the Gamecube ones for the Wii VC. So there's only one conclusion; stop overthinking it and enjoy the ride day by day lol.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD