Rocky
Rocky

November 30th, 2015, 5:35 am #11

The fake board has been revealed.

Matt
Elite

December 2nd, 2015, 7:33 pm #12

buddy1983 wrote:I agree, the carts should be label "REPRO" so no one gets caught out although i'm sure this is the point of the carts.
This is how most respectable repro makers del with it from what i've seen.

Personally, I have no interest in repros... may aswell just get a rom cart or something for a bit more if you aren't going for a legit copy anyways.

Durnaxe
Durnaxe

December 19th, 2015, 7:20 am #13

The CIC is easy enough to get, how many maddens are there that nobody cares about?

Anyway after every single purchase of an item over $30 I crack open and check if I'm buying from ebay. I've hear its about $50 before the game is worth faking.

On every legit board I've found from opening it says "199X Nintendo". Now granted that still means they could have dumped the rom onto a legit board so it would come down to serial numbers.

I bought my Sculpter's cut and second attack earlier this year so I took a couple of board pics of what legit copies look like. Although I did buy them online so its possible they could be fakes but all signs point to no.

I can post them if you want me to. If this is gonna be the case perhaps we should start a thread showing board pics of each game. I've heard about such things for SNES and NES games since those games get faked waaay more often.
:n64: Games: 136
Wii U username: Durnaxe
Ready to lay the smack down in Pokken!

Rocky
Rocky

March 5th, 2016, 3:18 am #14

Durnaxe wrote:I can post them if you want me to. If this is gonna be the case perhaps we should start a thread showing board pics of each game. I've heard about such things for SNES and NES games since those games get faked waaay more often.
Sorry I missed your post! It be awesome if you posted a board pic of your SC copy.

Also, that board pic topic is a really good idea.

gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

March 7th, 2016, 3:31 am #15

Here's some boards from real carts. Theses where bought a few years ago and not on ebay or online.

Revision unknown, sticker over the numbers

Revision 08

Revision 19

Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

sanni
sanni

April 12th, 2016, 4:23 pm #16

So did anyone actual buy one of the fakes?

Rocky
Rocky

December 12th, 2016, 7:25 pm #17

sanni wrote:So did anyone actual buy one of the fakes?
I took the plunge and bought one off today AliExpress for the sake of studying it. Will post board pics, dumps, tell how good it runs on the actual hardware, etc.

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

December 14th, 2016, 10:06 pm #18

Can you tell the difference between the two just by holding them in your hands, because the Aliexpress one looks like it would be quite a bit heavier. I know someone suggested this somewhere before but maybe you should get on official weight for them.

darkado
darkado

September 13th, 2018, 9:06 am #19

Anyone ran into ogre battle and harvest moon PAL? Those are the only repros I would consider buying.