Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

11:56 PM - Dec 10, 2016 #191

Okay. Okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first playthrough of Perfect Dark was last month but I've started playing the Perfect Agent difficulty the past few days. I'm on the 2nd Area 51 mission which is one of my least favorite because of how brutal it is. Soon I'll try the same with Goldeneye and maybe, just maybe, try and compete with Milage and D.J. Cat.

I also started playing Harvest Moon 64 finally after owning it for so long. I named my character Ninten after the main character from mother and my farm Threed after the town in Earthbound. I know it technically doesn't have stages but I did enough stuff that I feel I've cleared stage one of becoming a farmer. I played up to the the first festival, caught some fish, gave a cave gnome some grass and a girl some berries, grew some cabbages, cleared out lots of land, and talked to a bunch of people. My Dogs name is bludog. My horses name is Italia. Needless to say all my animals will be named after other members, even if the 6 character limit makes that hard.

So yeah I'm starting my list. I wish I had started like 2 months ago before I beat like 20 games in a row but better late then never. I'll be updating this frequently!

1. Perfect Dark
2. Harvest Moon 64

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes sense right?

No64DD
Elite

12:06 AM - Dec 11, 2016 #192

Yes. You should have no problem easily adding more. :yeah:
A Secret star
lie here~

D.J Cat
Veteran

2:50 AM - Dec 11, 2016 #193

Aye, good job Shell-shocker!

I did a similar thing last summer, played plenty of games in December before it started, but ended up doing almost all of them again over the next few months.
I was so excited by this when it first started, so great to see someone else keen again.
How are we going with the total combined games beaten?

Also, love the naming of the horse and dog in Harvest ?Moon!
I love doing stuff like that.
Going to do something similar with the ISS2000 challenge. ?

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

5:42 PM - Dec 11, 2016 #194

@D.J Cat Your name is pretty short so I'll find someway to get you on my farm, possibly as a chicken.

Last night after like 2 hours I finally beat the second Perfect Dark Area 51 mission on Perfect Agent. I really suck at the three Area 51 missions. So last night and the better part of this morning I took a break with a couple games that I don't intend to play any time soon, or ever again in some cases, just so I could get some stuff on my list. So here they are.

Knife Edge Nose Gunner - Beat the first stage, Amethyst Ravine. I had played up to like the 5th level but I guess this game doesn't save and I'm just supposed to play the whole thing in one sitting. Probably not gonna happen any time soon. Does anyone out there like this game? I'm genuinely curious.

Goldeneye - Played the first 3 stages on 00 Agent. I realize taking a break from Perfect Dark to Play Goldeneye is like taking a break from cigarettes to smoke some crack, but I figured I'd try the first mission since it would be quite easy. I ended doing an extra two because it was so much fun.

Shadowgate 64 - Escaped imprisonment and emerged from the first tower. I consider this the first stage because it's the point where the game becomes much more open ended. Not a bad game but it really isn't the kind of thing you can play twice.

Castlevania - Did the Forest of silence with Reinhardt. Another okay game I just can't see myself playing again. At least I have the sweet Trever Belmont costume unlocked in case I ever decide to.

Army Men Sarges Heroes 2- Completed first level on the kitchen table. I thought I had save data that was on the freezer level but I guess I deleted it. Ah well, I'll probably never beat it anyway

Indiana Jones - Completed the first canyon level. Of course I only play for like 15 minutes and I get an infinitely falling glitch when I accidently jumped over a cutscene trigger. Gotta love Infernal machine

So now my list is
1. Perfect Dark
2. Harvest Moon 64
3. Knife Edge Nose Gunner
4. Goldeneye 007
5. ShadowGate 64
6. Castlevania
7. Army Men Sarges Heroes 2
8. Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine

I may do another round of games to boost my count but then I'll slow down and play some games I actually enjoy, or maybe try some I've never really played.

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

10:25 PM - Dec 11, 2016 #195

Not to spam the thread but I've done lots of gaming today.

9.Super Mario 64- Got all 7 stars on bomb-omb battlefield, plus a few in Cool cool mountain and Jolly Roger bay. It's been nearly a year since my last 120 star run, I think it may be time for another playthrough.

10.Goemon's Great Adventure- Played Lost 'n Road with Ebisumaru.

11.Mischief Makers- Played the first level, Meet Marina!! And messed around on some other levels too. This was the first time I've played since getting all the S ranks last month, its crazy how much different the game feels playing it normal versus playing it fast.

12.Lode Runner 3-d- Beat level 1. I'm actually on the third world but I took the 20 seconds so I could add it to my list ;)

13.Nightmare Creatures- Beat Level 1 with Ignatius, which is the furthest I've ever made it. Not a bad game at all but it doesn't click well with me.

14.Mickey Speedway USA- Finshed 1st in the first cup, traffic troubles, on professional difficulty. I love this game no matter what. Louie 4 Life

15.Blast Corps- played Simian Acres again

16.Chameleon Twist- Cleared Jungle Land

17.Chameleon Twist 2- Cleared Sky Land, with all the coins too!

So my list is now at 17 games. For my next post I picked out 10 games which I've never played, all of which are considered good games of varying degrees, and I'm gonna go through them this week and give them all fair chances, and hopefully I find some new favorites!

No64DD
Elite

10:36 PM - Dec 11, 2016 #196

Nice work Shellshocker!

I got a laugh when you mentioned Indiana Jones.
It is such a deep, enjoyable game, that the idea of avoiding it's numerous glitches almost adds even more charm! :yeah:
A Secret star
lie here~

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

10:44 PM - Dec 11, 2016 #197

It is such a good game that the issues present, as terrible as they can be, usually don't actually ruin the game, and are actually downright comedic at times. At least letting yourself die fixes most issues

It's just funny how I hadn't played on in around 8 months then decide to play it for ten minutes and Indy had to have a fit waving his arms and legs like a puppet while sliding slowly across the ground.

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

3:50 PM - Dec 14, 2016 #198

More to add,all games I've never really played. To cut down on useless first impressions I ranked them from 1-4 stars.

18.****007 TWINE - Completed first 3 missions on secret agent. Expectedly Dandy
19.***Glover - Completed Atlantis. Unpredictably Nirvana
20.*Shadow Man - Made it through the marrow gates and got the first dark soul. Potentially bleh
21.**Beetle Adventure Racing - Finished 1st cup on novice. Temporarily pleasurable
22.***Bomber Man 64 - Finished first 3 stages of Green Garden on normal. Smilingly pleasant
23.****Buck Bumble - Finished first 4 missions. Savagely delecious
24.**Fighter Destiny 2 - Beat vs. with 11 charcters, did one round of Fighters arena. Sadly Samey
25.*Gex 64 - Finished first level of scream tv. Basically Bubsy
26.*** Rayman 2 - Completed the first 2 levels. Fairly Excellent
27.***Snowboard Kids 2 - Finished first 3 story races and the snowman boss stage. Eventually amusing

My list is at 27 now. Is this actually ending in January? Because if so I don't have much time to add more games.

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

2:09 AM - Dec 21, 2016 #199

It's been a slower week then I would have liked but I got a few quick additions in between playing Perfect Dark, Buck Bumble, and Snowboard Kids 2. Hopefully I'll have more time in the next few days to play some good stuff. And I'll keep them numbered from now on for convenience sake.

28.Dr. Mario 64 - Did 2 stages in story mode on Normal. Can't beat stage 3 because I suck
29.F-Zero X - Jack Cup on Expert. I need to take a week to attempt master some day.
30.Fighters Destiny - Did versus on crazy difficulty with Joker
31.Robotron 64- played to wave 50
32.Blues Brothers 2000- Played the first level for the 5th time. I'd be fine if I never play this game again.
33.Toy Story 2- played through Andy's House
34.Starshot Space Circus Fever- Got Virtua Circus off Tensuns, the first objective.

D.J Cat
Veteran

4:04 PM - Dec 21, 2016 #200

Still smashing them out of the ball park Shelly, good job!

Maybe, watch my vids I uploaded on F-Zero X.
No idea if they are useful, but that driving style works a treat for me ?