Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

March 9th, 2018, 12:16 am #1

What we know so far:
It’s coming in 2018
We’re getting Inklings and Breath of the Wild Link

EDIT: E3 is going on and we're getting a TON of information!

Every character playable so far is back, even Snake and Pichu!
Three new characters confirmed so far - Inkling, Daisy and Ridley
And every other character got a little bit of time in the spotlight with a mini-trailer on smashbros.com
The official number of fighters so far is 65. If you count the echo fighters (Dark Pit/Lucina/Daisy) that brings it to 68. Add in the Koopalings, Alph, and genders for Villager, Robin, etc. and the total comes to over 80!

Based on what I'm seeing on Smashboards the number of stages we already know about totals over 80 as well. Each stage will have a Battlefield and a Final Destination form, AND you get the choice of turning hazards on or off!
Saffron City is finally back, baby! X_D

Lots of really cool updates to the combat mechanics and user interface. Let it be known that this is definitely NOT a port of Smash for Wii U. It's got more than enough to be its own game.
1-on-1 fights come with a scoreboard every time someone loses a life - we eSports now!
Useful mini-map every time a fighter is off the stage
Damage percentage has an extra decimal point at the end. Not sure if this is that big of a deal but it makes things a bit more intricate
Too many updates to the battle system to count, but the main things to point out is that dodges get worse the more you use them and the game plays faster than Smash 4 - a lot of people are saying it encourages more aggressive play to that end

There's so so SO much to discuss and I can't wait to hear what y'all are thinking :)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

March 9th, 2018, 12:36 am #2

Nintendo didn't even bury the Virtual Boy this hard

Pimpin Mainer
Veteran

March 9th, 2018, 12:53 am #3

I hope its got a legacy mode where you can play the N64 version with updated graphics, all the physics exactly the same. That, would be gold. N64 smash has always been the best in my opinion
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

March 9th, 2018, 2:34 am #4

Shellshocker18 wrote:Nintendo didn't even bury the Virtual Boy this hard
You mean by rereleasing all the Wii U games on the switch? Technically we don’t know if this is a port of smash 4 but it wouldn’t surprise me. The fiery logo seems to suggest as such.

As for Pimpin, my suggestion is to wait for the n64 classic.

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

March 9th, 2018, 2:44 am #5

ItalianBaptist wrote:
Shellshocker18 wrote:Nintendo didn't even bury the Virtual Boy this hard
You mean by rereleasing all the Wii U games on the switch? Technically we don’t know if this is a port of smash 4 but it wouldn’t surprise me. The fiery logo seems to suggest as such.

As for Pimpin, my suggestion is to wait for the n64 classic.
Even if it is Smash 5, which I doubt it is, (even though Sakurai calls the 3DS version 4 and the Wii-U version 5, so this would technically be 6), this is still pretty fast to get a new installment. The gap between Melee and Brawl and Brawl and SSB4 was huge. Plus I saw Captain Toad which a another Wii-U port.

I bet Nintendo is releasing Smash 4 Ultimate edition, then in a few years they might do a new Smash on Switch. It would be weird seeing 2 on the same console, but they would both sell 8 bazillion copies.

Pimpin Mainer
Veteran

March 9th, 2018, 2:46 am #6

"As for Pimpin, my suggestion is to wait for the n64 classic."

Why would I want a classic when I have the real thing? Lol
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Grizzmeister
Elite

March 9th, 2018, 4:00 am #7

So yeah, the Wii U is pretty much dead now.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Shangyou
Shangyou

March 9th, 2018, 6:34 am #8

I wonder if the Switch version of SSB4 will have all the crossover characters from the Wii U & 3DS versions? Some people were analysing the silhouettes of the characters in the trailer and it seems that only first-party characters were present there. :eh:

buddy1983
Elite

March 9th, 2018, 8:47 am #9

Cant get excited for this, for some reason this game just doesnt do it for me.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

March 9th, 2018, 12:50 pm #10

Of course, the day I finally cave and trade in my Wii U is the day they announce Smash Bros. for the Switch.

I want to clarify as much as possible when I say the competitive community's not awful like people say it is. Again, I'm very thankful for the friends I've made there. But trying to get involved and not being able to ultimately just wore me out, and not having a Switch I still haven't found the killer app that makes me want to convert.

That being said, I'm happy for all the people that are looking forward to this now. Wanted to be the first to make the topic at least ;)