D.J Cat
Veteran

6:45 PM - Jan 31, 2017 #41

Again, another Melee video, but I feel it's related with the seriea and how the game should be played.
Fun and silly. ?

https://youtu.be/yruLEKNR42I

(song in video contains a few naughty words, be warned etc etc)
A preview to a to a Smash tournament we thought of, made that video and people got pumped ?
This is the sort of silly fun we used to enjoy from the game.
Having an all DK tournament with the DK Levels in the stage list.
The camcorder footage exists somewhere.
Hopefully one day it gets cut up and put into a montage or something.

And here's more silly fun:
https://youtu.be/OqBTWeAlrMs (my post on smashboards is featured haha)

https://youtu.be/Y3WS5W57s1k

OK, enough of that!
I could keep going, but that's enough.

All this excellent tomfoolery was spawned from Smash 64 essentially.
Hope it was enjoyable and not annoying...
I over think these things too much. ?

Grizzmeister
Elite

10:04 PM - Jan 31, 2017 #42

Last day to talk about Super Smash Bros. as game of the month. So yeah, Donkey Kong is mad fun to play as in SSB64. He's slow - yes - but he's got a great spike for taking an opponent's stock if they're not careful. People who like to play with tank characters will feel right at home with DK because he can soak up plenty of abuse before becoming vulnerable to smash attacks. His up-B is versatile too so not only will it get you back on the stage but it can also be used to deal out some damage along the way.

Back when Super Smash Bros. Brawl's on-line mode was still working I often played as Donkey Kong. His power compensated nicely for the lag that was prevalent in that game. Nowadays in Sm4sh, however, I mostly play as the mischievous Wario who also happens to be the character I use most in Mario Kart 8. :D

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

WendyLong

9:20 AM - Aug 29, 2017 #43

Each character shows awesome identity in battle, drawing on a rich history from many different beloved games. As I strike, evade, piece, and weave through seven different warriors, a match develops to a peak that is really fun, every last time. That speaks to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U all in all: it's greater than at any other time, yet remains laser-concentrated on the finely adjusted activity that makes this an incredible fighting game series.
rolling sky

Grizzmeister
Elite

1:01 PM - Aug 29, 2017 #44

It just so happens that I've been playing Super Smash Bros. again myself. I suspect because I wanted to see the influence that older wrestling game classics like WWF WrestleFest had on its development. There's little doubt in my mind that Smash creator Masahiro Sakurai drew as much inspiration from the wrestling genre as he did from popular arcade fighting games of the mid to late 1990's.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

10:51 AM - Aug 31, 2017 #45

Curious to hear about your findings, Grizzmeister. I just went back to the original game's website via the internet archive's wayback machine; they referred to Kirby back then as a "huggable Goldberg" :)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Elite

12:17 PM - Aug 31, 2017 #46

ItalianBaptist wrote:I just went back to the original game's website via the internet archive's wayback machine; they referred to Kirby back then as a "huggable Goldberg" :)
:lol: