TNT737373
Veteran

April 30th, 2014, 6:25 pm #11

Cabanon wrote:am I the only one not liking Star Wars ?

If all you've ever seen is the prequels, forget about them. Forget anything with Jar Jar ever existed. Ha. Watch the original 1977 Star Wars on Blu-ray, if you don't like it. Then you really don't like it. Some people just don't like spacey sci-fi stuff. It's cool.

No64DD
Elite

May 1st, 2014, 2:14 am #12

As a Xamster, i'm a little worried i haven't heard from GL...
and STILL waiting on a callback from my booking agent!

A Secret star
lie here~

TNT737373
Veteran

May 1st, 2014, 4:45 am #13

NO64DD wrote:As a Xamster, i'm a little worried i haven't heard from GL...
and STILL waiting on a callback from my booking agent!

Uhm, what's a Xamster? :D

Also George Lucas has very little influence on episode 7, if you haven't heard from him you should be thankful. lol

DeeMoney
Guardian

May 1st, 2014, 11:31 am #14

Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

The Red Shadow
Guardian

May 1st, 2014, 11:43 am #15

The Star Wars Saga blu-ray set is well worth the money. All six movies look great in HD. No worries there at all, my friend. :yeah:

Grizzmeister
Elite

May 1st, 2014, 1:03 pm #16

I appreciated the political message of the prequels but readily admit that Phantom Menace is horrible.

I never cared much for Return of the Jedi either but I thought Empire Strikes Back was a perfect follow-up to A new Hope.

George Lucas was smart in keeping details about the production of the Star Wars movies a tight secret, though. It made the films much more impactful when they finally hit the big screen.

The original Star Wars literally changed my life by heightening my interest in film and special effects. For a while I even entertained the idea of trying to work for Industrial Light and Magic. Here's a latex rubber head I fabricated as part of my portfolio.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

bluedogrulez
Guardian

May 1st, 2014, 2:08 pm #17

DeeMoney wrote:Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
I liked them too, DeeMoney and think they have a bad rap. Granted, Jar Jar was bad and Hayden wasn't so hot in II, but they were all enjoyable for me (many, many times) and III was outstanding. Thinking they could match one's nostalgic childhood love for IV-VI is unfair and a bit foolhardy.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

floorcat
Elite

May 1st, 2014, 4:07 pm #18

I only saw Episode I once, and recall actually quite enjoying it. But now, whenever I hear talk of the movie, I can only think of this great vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

:lol:

Norcal
Norcal

May 1st, 2014, 6:43 pm #19

bluedogrulez wrote:
DeeMoney wrote:Wow, I must be the only one that loved the 3 prequel movies. I must just really like Star Wars. So much so that I bought the whole set on bluray today. :D
I liked them too, DeeMoney and think they have a bad rap. Granted, Jar Jar was bad and Hayden wasn't so hot in II, but they were all enjoyable for me (many, many times) and III was outstanding. Thinking they could match one's nostalgic childhood love for IV-VI is unfair and a bit foolhardy.
Yeah, I never understood the almost obsessive hate towards them. I mean i'll admit Episode 1 wasn't that great or exciting, but Episode 2 wasn't bad and 3 was one of the best in my opinion.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

May 1st, 2014, 7:16 pm #20

My main issues with the movies were the writing, which TNT quite aptly described the problem there, and some of the casting choices. I hated Jake Lloyd as young Anakin. Hayden Christensen wasn't the greatest as the older Anakin but I could live with him. I never really had an issue with Jar Jar (honestly) and they seemed to subdue his role as the films moved along so I'm sure that eased the qualms most other people had with him. The whole series got better with each release and Revenge of the Sith was pretty awesome, in my opinion.