SNES Mini

May 2nd, 2017, 8:59 pm #1

So, Nintendo is apparently making a new SNES-Mini. Presuming it has 30 games like the NES-Mini, what games should be included?
[+] Spoiler
Super Mario World

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3

A Link to the Past

F-Zero

Super Metroid

Megaman X

Megaman X2

Super Mario Kart

Super Punchout!!

Chrono Trigger

Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim 2

Yoshi's Island

Star Fox

Final Fantasy 4

Final Fantasy 6

Final Fight

Super Street Fighter 2

The Lost Vikings

The Lost Vikings 2

Kirby Superstar

Kirby's Dreamland 3

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Super Mario All Stars

Earthbound

Contra III The Alien Wars

Sim City

Favorite Game: Super Mario 64

Favorite Level: Hazy Maze Cave

Least Favorite Level: Dire, Dire Docks

Grizzmeister
Elite

May 3rd, 2017, 3:04 am #2

I like your list but you're missing.

Mortal Kombat II

Star Fox 2

Super Castlevania IV

Castlevania: Dracula X

And my personal favorite - Weaponlord.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

May 3rd, 2017, 3:28 am #3

The games I would want are so much different than what Nintendo will choose. They'll choose Yoshi's Cookie just to add a puzzle game in there even though it takes up a slot that another game deserves.

Konami is just gonna do Super Castlevania IV and Contra because they are recognizable but I'd love to see the original Legend of the Mystical Ninja get some modern day love.

Megaman 7 should maybe be in there instead of X3 or perhaps even X2. I think X2 is better, but Having 2 X games gives less variety to the package as a whole.

If possible, the original Snes Harvest Moon, Final Fight 2, and Joe and Mac would be cool extras as well.

With the Snes mini it would honestly be cool if they did 50 games instead of 30. It just has so many immediate classics that people would still love today.

Milage007
Elite

May 3rd, 2017, 6:26 am #4

I have a feeling that with much regret the Donkey Kong franchise would be excluded from the SNES mini because of a dispute with Rare (now under the Microsoft umbrella). Just like they were pulled from the Wii virtual console, it is with deep regret that these amazing games will probably be excluded. They would in the best case scenario have to surrender some profits to allow for this and that simply would not be the Nintendo plan.

I would like to see all Mario games including Kart, Street Fighter 2 (Turbo), Bomberman, Zelda A Link to the Past etc. F Zero should be as well!

Would nice if they include Secret O Mana and James Pond or something funky.

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know it?s funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but can?t feed the poor?

Shellshocker18
Shellshocker18

May 3rd, 2017, 7:20 am #5

Milage007 wrote:I have a feeling that with much regret the Donkey Kong franchise would be excluded from the SNES mini because of a dispute with Rare (now under the Microsoft umbrella). Just like they were pulled from the Wii virtual console, it is with deep regret that these amazing games will probably be excluded.
Well Donkey Kong 64 was on the Wii-U virtual console recently so it may be a possibility. But think of the poor n64 mini. Almost all Rare games, especially Goldeneye, wouldn't be included. So sad as they made more classics than any other developer.

I do think at least Super Bomberman 2 could be included since it was the last one released in America, though most people prefer the Japanese exclusive Bomberman 4 and 5.

Cabanon
Elite

May 3rd, 2017, 11:26 am #6

whatever the games are, i'll take it !

May 3rd, 2017, 12:11 pm #7

I'm just hoping a Final Fantasy game or two.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

May 3rd, 2017, 12:46 pm #8

I'm with Shellshocker in that I hope they expand the game count to 50. Either way, I am getting one of these, without a doubt. :dk:

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

May 3rd, 2017, 1:36 pm #9

Something's up with the way Nintendo just dropped the NES mini like a hot potato but now are apparently coming out with something SNES related. I have to wonder if Nintendo saw how successful the NES mini was but wanted to refine it before it tried something like this again (i.e. not having tiny cords on their controllers, not tying them to the Wii remote connector, etc.)

We know very little about this supposed SNES mini, but I'd love to see a mini retro combo system with NES, SNES, and even a couple N64 games like Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64. Nintendo's not stupid. They know what they're doing and they know nostalgia sells. If they can give us something even better than the NES mini then I believe people would be quicker to forgive them for discontinuing it.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

May 3rd, 2017, 1:59 pm #10

StylinProfilin wrote:I'm just hoping a Final Fantasy game or two.
Considering that the first one was on the NES mini, and that 4 and 6 are some of the best games on the SNES, there's almost certainly gonna be one on there.
Favorite Game: Super Mario 64

Favorite Level: Hazy Maze Cave

Least Favorite Level: Dire, Dire Docks