Request: UltraHDMI and Mario Kart

GBA
GBA

July 6th, 2016, 9:53 pm #1

Hi,
I've seen a YouTube video online of Mario Kart with UltraHDMI. It did not fulfill what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for someone with the UltraHDMI mod to play a 4 player game of Mario Kart on Rainbow road. Some (not all) of the players should be in the extended camera mode (I believe its C up). I'd like a video preferably, but a picture of the screen during a race would be good in this scenario

I've noticed in Mario Kart, when 4 players are playing on rainbow road, connected via composite on an HDTV, that the picture is really bad. Can't see the bombs on the track and such. I'm trying to decide whether UltraHDMI will allow those to be more visible, and the only way I can do that is with picture or video proof.

I'd greatly appreciate if someone can try this out for me and get me the requested pic. It'll help me in deciding whether the Ultra HDMI is worth it to me.

kartmaster
Veteran

July 6th, 2016, 10:33 pm #2

Hope somebody can help you, I'd be interested in the results too.

But I think the N64 resolution is the factor here. There's only so much you can show after you slice the screen 4 ways. Each quadrant is 160x120.

Man, how did we ever survive back then? ;)

cadras_
cadras_

February 10th, 2017, 5:36 am #3

if i had a good capture device i would do it for you but i sadly wont but i can tell you from experience that the Ultra Hdmi N64 is really good

Grizzmeister
Elite

February 10th, 2017, 2:05 pm #4

Isn't the UltraHDMI really expensive? As a cheaper alternative why not try playing the Wii Virtual Console version of Mario Kart 64 in four player on an HDTV? That way you can connect with superior component cables that will allow the game to display in progressive scan (480p).
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Cabanon
Elite

February 10th, 2017, 2:45 pm #5

yeah very expensive but I think it's worth the :pottymouth: if you dont want an ugly big TV.

cadras_
cadras_

April 1st, 2017, 2:07 am #6

it may be expensive but worth iy