stinger9142
Guardian

January 5th, 2013, 3:27 pm #41

Guys, I will be honest. I have never used EBAY to buy anything, and have limited knowledge of it. I don't know how to go about reporting things, or trying to block anybody. I will say that if anybody wants the links to the specifics I mentioned, PM me, and I will share them.

I little side note: His girlfriends account it listed as "no longer a member" on ebay. I THINK the Jason account also was closed. There were quite a few closed accounts that left :cussfit: across the list of aliases. I don't know if that is truly suspicious or not.

Mk II
Elite

January 5th, 2013, 3:30 pm #42

perhaps he's trying to cover his tracks by ending the accounts?

SicCooper
Veteran

January 5th, 2013, 3:59 pm #43

Here is the link to the page where you can block certain bidders on Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandse ... ement.html

stinger9142
Guardian

January 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm #44

MKII, perhaps so. I didn't try to find a close date. those people had 100% :cussfit: rating if I recall. I wondered if they had been :pottymouth: down or something.

SicCooper: Thanks for including that link.

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 5th, 2013, 4:13 pm #45

Caveat emptor which is Latin for "let the buyer beware".

Now that Nintendo 64 games and peripherals have become so sought-after price manipulators have jumped in to take advantage of uninformed and/or novice collectors. This is why if you really don't have a sincere passion for video games you should only purchase what you intend to play and leave the collecting to the experts.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

DeeMoney
Guardian

January 5th, 2013, 11:34 pm #46

SicCooper wrote:Here is the link to the page where you can block certain bidders on Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandse ... ement.html
Thanks cooper. amr355 has been added to the list. Bet ill get a msg through eBay. Serves him right tho, how can you trust someone who uses multiple names and multiple IP address.

Thanks to the staff for protecting this community and giving us the option to also be aware of them through other Internet sites.
Nintendo Network ID - DeeMoney19
PSN Network ID - hallxx81xx
Xbox Live Gamertag - DeeMoney 2K19

stinger9142
Guardian

January 6th, 2013, 12:17 am #47

Not a problem. Forum trust and forum integrity are high priority.

A bust like this is hard to do without the help of a member coming forward. A special thanks goes to him.

If anybody ever has proof or even suspicions about a similar situation, it never hurts to look into it. Please pass the word along.

Matt
Elite

January 6th, 2013, 3:01 am #48

Sad the lengths people go to.

I have some suspicions myself on how he got so many IPS. But it would be impossible to block I believe and I don't want to give them any ideas of they're reading

cyan_phoenix
cyan_phoenix

January 6th, 2013, 8:37 am #49

Bloody hell. It has just occurred to me he has contacted me under all those different usernames regarding stuff I have for sale, not cool. Thanks for all your detective work Stinger!

Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

clarky_n64
Veteran

January 6th, 2013, 10:08 am #50

I'm just going to sound out what others have already said but great job on all the detective work stinger.

We (N64 Forever), or any other community for that matter needs this type of character amongst them. Scamming will not be tolerated, especially not here.

Great job again stinger :yeah: