Xephyrian
Veteran

December 31st, 2012, 12:19 am #21

Not gonna lie that sounds pretty hardcore, but I guess it keeps him out :yeah: Again good work admins.

stinger9142
Guardian

December 31st, 2012, 12:35 am #22

Usually only that type of ban if reserved for someone you anticipate backlash from. A typical join only to "spam and go" type of member gets the standard ban.

I have only used the geolocation deal a couple of times before in regards to bans, as thankfully we don't have to ban many members :)
It is an excellent tool for investigating multiple account type situations.

TNT737373
Veteran

December 31st, 2012, 1:00 am #23

Good job guys. Thanks for always being so dedicated to the job, this forum is monitored very closely compared to others I've been on. Leading a crack squad here.

i8ablueskittle
i8ablueskittle

December 31st, 2012, 1:28 am #24

Hell of a job admins. Even though I never even heard of needler, I'm sure we're all glad he's gone :P
This is by far the cleanest, friendliest, and most informative forum I've ever joined, not to mention the best forum for my collecting habits. :n64:
Forever searching for 1080 Snowboarding and 1080 Avalanche items.
Love N64 Prototypes and Unreleased games.
PM me or email me at i8ablueskittle@gmail.com

stinger9142
Guardian

December 31st, 2012, 1:41 am #25

Feeling the support of our member base behind us is a great feeling. It is my pleasure to serve on the staff, and I am sure the rest of the staff feels the same way. We have something rare here, no doubt about it. At the rate we are growing, we sure have no room for bad apples.

stinger9142
Guardian

January 4th, 2013, 3:19 am #26

I regret to say that we have been forced to ban another member.

Many of you know ausgamer355. I will make this as brief as possible. Ausgamer355 had multiple accounts on here, a few to be exact. We launched an investigation in to the matter a couple of weeks ago after suspicious activity (he turned his ausgamer account over to another person, and started a new account, terry_454") as well as a tip from an unnamed member who had proof that he also has multiple accounts on EBAY.

IP address evidence verified these claims to some degree. All accounts in question were suspended until we could sort things out. While trying to find time to verify all the claims (it is the holidays and all) ausgamer sent an inflammatory message in response to the suspensions. I advised him to be honest, patient, and truthful. I also told him to be respectful, as I would be with him. A few days past and I received an email tonight from ausgamer making disrespectful remarks and making challenges.

I had stated to him " Hostility will only cease the investigation prematurely, leaving your account still suspended." and that is just what he did.

Upon hearing the claims of multiple account use, he didn't deny it or try to defend himself. To put it bluntly, all things point to this guy being a fraud. He uses the same member names on ebay as he did on here largely. He uses these accounts to drive up prices and work things to his benefit if prices don't go as high as he would like when selling. These were the charges against him. I can tell you the IP's match on our forum, and those usernames have a record of doing business with each other on ebay.

The accounts his IP's matched were ausgamer355, amr355, terry_454, ausryan, and mumbo. Please everyone beware of this persons tactics. If any member sees anything suspicious regarding new member activity or anything, please let us know. He had hundreds of IP's (a real blast to check all of believe me!) and can and likely will beat our ban system if he tries. If you even have a slight suspicion that he may be another member, please pass it along to the staff.

This forum is a wonderful place, and has no need for fraudulent individuals. I am sure you all agree.

Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

January 4th, 2013, 3:41 am #27

Wow really? Wow, I didn't see that coming.
Simply Subscribe For My Love:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Crumpocalypse

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 4th, 2013, 3:43 am #28

stinger9142 wrote:This forum is a wonderful place, and has no need for fraudulent individuals. I am sure you all agree.
I certainly do agree! Excellent detective work on your behalf, I might add.

Isn't it sad that dishonest people permeate everything nowadays simply to further their own selfish aims? :angry:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

stinger9142
Guardian

January 4th, 2013, 3:50 am #29

Unfortunately I am serious. I truthfully didn't either prior to the start of it all unraveling before us. In case I was not clear enough before Terry (ausgamer) was pretending to be himself/his boss/and apparently his cousin in a complex and confusing mess. I know without a doubt he was operating both terry_454 and ausgamer, as he was contacting me from ausgamer (who was supposed to be his boss then) and posting as terry_454 on here at the same time. It all gets really confusing, as he has apparently changed his story about who was who on here before.

To top it all of, as you all probably know, he uses VERY poor English. This only adds to the mess when trying to sort it out.
Grizzmeister wrote:I certainly do agree! Excellent detective work on your behalf, I might add.

Isn't it sad that dishonest people permeate everything nowadays simply to further their own selfish aims? :angry:
Thanks, but a lot of it was just laid before me though (Thanks to our member who helped tip us off). I can claim the daunting task of IP address checking :angry:

Yes, it really is sad Grizz :(

It does make me appreciate our good members even more though!

ddr2nite
Veteran

January 4th, 2013, 4:04 am #30

My first time replying to this thread and I'll try to keep it :pottymouth::

stinger: thank you (and the other admins) for keeping the peace. You guys rock and honestly I have to say "thank you" for the time/effort you put into it. Especially after reading about the amount of work you put into ensuring that those folks don't come back, that's going the extra mile. The forums will be better off without those individuals. *****

*edited a small detail out*
Click here to check out my N64 collection.
N64 Controllers: 30/30 Completed | ASCII Controllers: 15/15 Completed
N.A. Boxes: 8/8 Completed | Japan Boxes: 21/21 Completed
Full NTSC-J CIB Set: 198/198 Completed

"trust me, we all started with just one or two games
and then things kinda got out of hand
" - MK II