Rainbow Six

stinger9142
Guardian

July 3rd, 2015, 6:59 pm #1

Rainbow Six is our winner. I never tried it on a console, but owned and enjoyed it on a PC. I am curious to see what others thoughts of it.

italia64
Veteran

July 3rd, 2015, 7:27 pm #2

I'm very disappointed, WDC deserved to win :nope: hahaha

By the way, I bought Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six on the day one (maybe was the day one in my city haha, my old trusted store always used to get the games in delay :-P), and I was sure that I would have love it. Because I was a Goldeneye 007 and Mission: Impossible fanatic, so I figured a mix between that two games.
Unfortunately I was very disappointed by the poor graphics and animations, all the technical aspects (also sounds) was mediocre.
I gave it a chance and however the game was good for some aspect, especially if you like the tactical aspects, drawing and projecting all the missions ecc.
I sold the game to a friend of mine and he loved it, he beaten the game in veteran mode and we played together this game for a while. Good times ;-)

Not a very good game but it has some strong points.

ODPKING04
Established Member
ODPKING04
Established Member

July 3rd, 2015, 8:50 pm #3

Me personally I love the game
Just having to actually use ur team to win the game gives it that extra fun
New to collecting
CIB consoles 2/16
CIB NTSC 5/296
NTSC cartridge 3/296

MrKoippa
MrKoippa

July 3rd, 2015, 10:52 pm #4

edit

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

July 4th, 2015, 4:33 am #5

Hurrah! Rainbow Six is Game of the Month!

And what a game too. Now, admittedly, you can go through the game while letting your other team(s) sit right where they are (I did so when I finished the game for the Beats 'Em All), but I just love it when a plan comes together. Planning where the other team(s) go correctly can cut a mission's completion time nearly in half. Of course, making mistakes can get your teammates killed permenantly. It's definitely something to watch out for.

Besides that, the shooting is pretty good and the story is interesting as well if you feel like reading the stuff between missions. All in all, a great N64 shooter. Not as good as the PC original I hear (you get to use more operatives in that one), but close enough. Apparently, it beats the pants off of the PS1 port. :P

sanni
sanni

July 4th, 2015, 7:14 am #6

I played this with a friend a lot, on of the few games with true coop mode. Sure it's a bad game but ever game you play with a friend long enough turns into a good game :)

buddy1983
Veteran

July 6th, 2015, 12:27 pm #7

PLayed through a lot of this like many with a Friend and found it to be a good game. I've tried going back to it recently and didnt enjoy it much
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

July 6th, 2015, 3:09 pm #8

I am a big, BIG fan of Rainbowsix3/Blackarrow for the Xbox so for that reason I feel attached to every iteration of R6, but this is one is not that great I'll have to admit.

R6 is all about co-op also so if you're playing alone it doesn't help :\

EnvyFox
EnvyFox

July 7th, 2015, 3:10 am #9

Wow. Not many people here like this game too much.

Makes me wonder how it even won GotM. :blink:

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

July 8th, 2015, 8:57 am #10

EnvyFox wrote:Wow. Not many people here like this game too much.

Makes me wonder how it even won GotM. :blink:
Superman64 needed company :whistle: