Post When You Buy or Sell Any Game

Deleted User
Deleted User

10:30 PM - Jul 04, 2006 #1

Post whenever you buy or sell a game for any system, and tell us what you think of it, why you sold it, etc...

Today I bought Baten Kaitos for Gamecube. I dunno what it's like cos I've not played it yet. I'll post again once I've tried it out.

Deleted User
Deleted User

11:52 PM - Jul 04, 2006 #2

Well, had a quick go now and first impressions are favorable. The card battle system is still kinda confusing, but I'm sure it'll all start making sense soon. The game has prerendered backgrounds and looks very nice. I prefer 'real' 3D, but there's no doubt that the game looks pretty amazing, and is no doubt huge in scope. It's a double disc game as well, so there should be plenty to do. I'm looking forward to playing again, and that's something that I've not felt with the other big RPG on Gamecube; Tales of Symphonia. Yeah, I think i'm gonna enjoy this one. :)

dataDyne
Elite

9:29 AM - Jul 05, 2006 #3

Just bought Fantastic Dizzy for my Sega MegaDrive.

Go the old school ^_^
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

floorcat
Elite

2:00 PM - Jul 05, 2006 #4

alxbly wrote:Yeah, I think i'm gonna enjoy this one.  :)
Cool!! Let us know how it ends up!

I bought Ocarina of Time + Master Quest for the Gamecube pretty recently... even though I don't even own a Gamecube :blink: ! I'm starting to look into GC games these days for some reason... I guess I'm thinking about if/when I ever eventually breakdown and buy a Wii when it comes out!

... I've always been curious about the Master Quest... anyone have any input?

Deleted User
Deleted User

8:04 PM - Jul 05, 2006 #5

wrote: I've always been curious about the Master Quest... anyone have any input?
Master Quest gave Gamecube owners a reason to play OoT again. New puzzles, different item locations, more of the harder enemies and more polished graphics. Don't expect new enemies, characters, items, storylines, etc; they're not there. But it does make another playthrough of OoT worthwhile, just to see how the "remixed" version works. It'll make you think in the same way you had to the first time you played OoT.

Graphics aren't hugely different from N64 OoT, just a bit sharper and with better color seperation. You can get something of an idea of the graphical difference here:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/alxbly/Screens/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and compare the screenshots. It's a lot more visible with the naked eye (afraid my poxy camera can quite capture it). Gamecube Zelda is the screens with lots of hearts.

One last thing you guys may or may not know. In Europe OoT/Master Quest was never released as a seperate disc. Instead it was packaged with a limited edition of Wind Waker in a gold 2-disc case. You can check it out here:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/al ... e%20games/

11:56 PM - Jul 05, 2006 #6

I just bought Doom 64 and South Park 64 off of eBay. They haven't arrived yet, but I used to own both of 'em and liked them.

dataDyne
Elite

10:16 AM - Jul 06, 2006 #7

My copy of Star Wars Episode One Racer (for some unknown reason) went to cartridge heaven earlier this week, so I just bought another copy.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Ragedy
Ragedy

1:04 PM - Jul 06, 2006 #8

Eternal Darkness Sanitys Reqium (GC) Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox)

Deleted User
Deleted User

7:02 PM - Jul 06, 2006 #9

Eternal Darkness is excellent. I've never played another game that has such a dark atmosphere. The sanity effects are mostly excellent (although some are a bit cheap), and the sound effects are just... nasty.

floorcat
Elite

12:14 PM - Jul 08, 2006 #10

Hey alxbly, thanks for all the great insight/info/screens on the GameCube OoT!! I really appreciate it. ^_^ I have a feeling I'll really enjoy it once/if I ever get to play it. For some reason, I thought the Master Quest was like an add-on adventure to Ocarina with new locations & storylines etc., but it sounds like it's almost the same kind of "sequel" as The Lost Levels (the original SMB2) is to Super Mario Bros. This should definitely not prove to be a problem though, since it's been such a long time since the last (and first!) time I had played through Oot (a fact about which some people here have posted in disbelief/disgust!) ;) One last thing though... I remember some people complaining about having problems using the GC controller to play Ocarina... like the controller setup didn't translate well or something. Was there any real justification for this?

... and that limited edition gold case of WW with MQ looks pretty sweet... I kinda wish the US saw the same kind of release! (BTW, you've got a pretty impressive GC collection!!)