Grizzmeister
Elite

January 22nd, 2018, 9:12 pm #411

@The Red Shadow - Let me know what you think of Blade Runner 2049 after you've had a chance to watch it. By the way, did you get the Walmart exclusive version?

Also, if you haven't done so already, you may want to get Morgan which was directed by Ridley Scott's son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmHSR0bFU8

We watched it the other night and my wife Cathie actually preferred it to BR2049.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

floorcat
Elite

January 23rd, 2018, 6:00 pm #412

A few blu-rays I've picked up recently (along with a silver DS4 controller, 4TB external HDD, and 2TB SSD... for upgrading my eventual/future PS4 Pro)

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 23rd, 2018, 6:29 pm #413

Picked up the Wonder Woman Blu-ray today since Target had it on sale for just 10 bucks. Now my wife and I can finally see what all the fuss is about.

Surprisingly, the DVD and Blu-ray both cost the same amount so I opted for the superior format.

I've got a DVD copy of Bad Moms on the way because I couldn't get the Blu-ray at a decent price. Guess there are a lot of Mila Kunis fans out there. Generally speaking I don't collect movies so I just go for whatever I can get cheap. It's gotta be something really special for me to spend more than $10 on it.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

January 25th, 2018, 2:46 pm #414

Curious about your thoughts on Wonder Woman. I find it curious that it wasn't nominated for ANY Oscars, considering the amazing reviews it got and Patty Jenkins apparently being a superb female director.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 25th, 2018, 3:56 pm #415

ItalianBaptist wrote:Curious about your thoughts on Wonder Woman.
I'll tell you what I think after I've had a chance to watch the film. Be warned that I usually loathe super hero movies, though.

By the way, when I opened the case I discovered that both the Blu-ray and DVD versions are included. Bonus! :w00t:

Grizzmeister
Elite

January 25th, 2018, 9:35 pm #416

The Bad Moms DVD I ordered arrived today so we'll probably be watching it this evening since we're both in the mood for a good laugh.

For the life of me I can't figure out why this movie was so hard to find at my local brick & mortar stores like Walmart and Target. :huh:

Grizzmeister
Elite

February 8th, 2018, 5:29 pm #417

Another devastating blow to physical media. :huh:

Best Buy will stop selling CDs as digital music revenue continues to grow
wrote:Best Buy is abandoning the humble CD and will no longer sell them in its stores starting on July 1st, 2018, reports Billboard. The move comes as CD sales continue to decline; revenue from digital music downloads eclipsed it back in 2014.

Target, on the other hand, says it will only sell music CDs under a consignment basis, shifting inventory risk back to the labels. That means Target would only pay labels for CDs when customers buy them, rather than buying the CDs in bulk and paying for shipments of unsold CDs back to the label for credit.
By the way, the last music CD that I actually bought was the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits back in 2009 when it was released around the holidays. I can't believe it came out almost 9 years ago!

The Red Shadow
Guardian

February 8th, 2018, 5:45 pm #418

I'm still buying CDs as recently as the last few weeks but I knew this was going to happen eventually. When I was still at Walmart, and probably a good decade ago, they were saying we would start phasing CDs out and have digital download stations where people could buy individual songs that you could either redeem to an online account or submit for a burned CD copy that would transfer through our photo department of all places. Oddly, though, that never fell into place. Heck, walmart.com even stopped doing digital music not long after.

Even though I stated above that I'm still buying CDs to this day, it is the one form of media that I absolutely love having digitally as who wants to tote CDs around all the time when you could have thousands of songs on your phone, tablet or mp3 player. Unfortunately, I now have a car with only a CD player in it (no aux plug, either) and I'm forced to do discs. I tried an FM transmitter but found it was too much of a hassle for me as I like to plug my phone into the cigarette lighter to charge it and the transmitter needed that plug as well to operate. And a cigarette plug adapter was just too messy with cords and devices laying all around to make it work.

Anyway, RIP CDs, as you march toward your eventual demise.

Cabanon
Elite

February 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm #419

last one i bought was Metallica - Hardwired to Self Destruct.

I dont know who bought their cds there, but I never bought one there and never thought about them for that. Always bought at HMV (now Sunrise Records) since they had a huge metal section back then or some local places. They could probably sell them online only but what would the point ? Let the small specialty shop sell them and i'm fine with that.

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

February 9th, 2018, 3:53 pm #420

I’m weird. I’ve gone over to preferring my N64 games physical as opposed to VC, primarily because I own them rather than just a license. On the other hand, I much prefer digital for movies, tv shows and music even though it’s probably the exact same deal.

I blame/credit the n64 for this, but discs are probably my least favorite now considering the issues i’ve had with wonky readers and ubiquitous scratches. The Nintendo Life article on disc rot sealed the deal for me.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD