dagoss
Elite

3:20 PM - Apr 24, 2008 #41

Sapper wrote: Btw a question to all: Which firing range challenge do you think was the hardest/most frustrating?
I sat nearly 2 hours on the Devastator gold challenge. :(
K7 Avenger (gold), Crossbow (gold) and Laser (silver) were also hard.
I had trouble with some of the automatics (especially the reaper) until I figured out that crouching makes you more accurate. Overall, I didn't have much trouble with the firing range, mainly because it is short, easy to return, and without hazards. The campaign in that game however gives me all sorts of trouble...

Mop it up
Guardian

5:47 AM - Apr 25, 2008 #42

Sapper wrote: Btw a question to all: Which firing range challenge do you think was the hardest/most frustrating?
It's been a long while since I've completed them but for some reason the Reaper came instantly to mind. That thing is just so darned inaccurate that even the bronze is a pain to get.

dagoss
Elite

10:43 PM - Apr 26, 2008 #43

Has anyone here beaten Sin & Punishment on hard? I made it up to 2-3 and died on the boss. This is really quite a test of endurance, since you have to play the game in one sitting. I can't imagine how much 3-2 will bend me over and ravish me...

Deleted User
Deleted User

1:32 AM - Apr 27, 2008 #44

dagoss wrote: I can't imagine how much 3-2 will bend me over and ravish me...
That's not an image I want in my mind, Mr Goss. :-X

Anyway, I've been playing Perfect Dark. I never completed the game when I bought it again a few years ago. I'd got as far as Crash Site and then got bored. I love Perfect Dark but Crash Site is a crap level, probably the worst in the game. After a few tries I'm now on to Pelagic II... which isn't so great either. It's been years since I played through Perfect Dark and I remember very little about this level (it's pretty forgetable anyway).

But...

The guard that you see in the introduction cinematic at the start of the level looks a bit like Shigeru Miyamoto... Anyone else noticed this, or am I ten years behind everyone else with this?

dataDyne
Elite

2:27 AM - Apr 27, 2008 #45

You don't like Pelagic II? I love that level! Easily one of my favourite campaign missions, it's just so claustrophobic and packed full of guards at your disposal. :)

I believe that's one of the last missions completely devoid of all aliens. That must be one of the reasons I like it so much.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

D.J Cat
Veteran

1:12 PM - Apr 27, 2008 #46

Pelagic II has Elvis for the most part of it, so what do you mean by lack of aliens. B)

Yeah, the guard in the Pelagic II intro is always Shigsy! ^_^

Its interesting some of the heads that are in the game, and some obvious suits that were meant to go with them.

There is a Neo and Trinity face for starters.

Deleted User
Deleted User

3:48 PM - Apr 27, 2008 #47

D.J Cat wrote:There is a Neo and Trinity face for starters.
Really? I've never noticed them before.
D.J Cat wrote:Pelagic II has Elvis for the most part of it, so what do you mean by lack of aliens.
I think he means lack of alien enemies. Shooting aliens is alright but shooting people is more fun somehow.
dataDyne wrote:You don't like Pelagic II? I love that level! Easily one of my favourite campaign missions, it's just so claustrophobic and packed full of guards at your disposal. :)
I dunno. It feels a bit like a generic shooter; endless corridors which all look very similar. There are plenty of guards to keep me occupied though... and I much prefer Pelagic to the emptiness of Crash Site.

dataDyne
Elite

1:24 AM - Apr 28, 2008 #48

I actually don't mind Crash Site. It's one of the campaign missions that almost never receives any love, but I've never had a problem with it. I quite like the emptiness of the level, it's a nice break from the usual "turn a corner, shoot a guard" gameplay.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Mop it up
Guardian

6:16 AM - Apr 29, 2008 #49

Crash Site was okay but it was a waste of potential. They made this huge landscape but there just aren't enough interesting things to do in the level. Plus, it would have made an awesome multiplayer level. In fact, so would Pelagic II. I've always found it weird how none of Perfect Dark's solo levels were available in multi, especially when Goldeneye had so many.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

12:33 PM - May 01, 2008 #50

Just entered the Fire Temple on Ocarina of Time. This game is still the bomb. B)