dataDyne
Elite

12:31 AM - Apr 06, 2008 #21

alxbly wrote:
dataDyne wrote: So I've begun the day with an old favourite - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I'd forgotten how great this game really is, as a matter of fact I'd place it above Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars. I started a new file and began zipping through Tatooine.
This is slightly off topic but have you bought a Gamecube yet? Because if you like Rogue Squadron then Rogue Leader will simply blow you away. You must buy it!!!
Unfortunately I haven't. ;_;

I spent my monthly "leisure money" on $150 concert tickets, so it'll be a little while longer before I get the GameCube.

Though I have played Rogue Leader many times, and I found it breathtaking. That will certainly be one of the first games I buy, after Wind Waker.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:13 AM - Apr 06, 2008 #22

Dagoss, I think this is a good topic. With your permission I'd like to change the title to simply "Play an N64 game" so that we can leave it open and let people post about the N64 games that they're playing. Hopefully it'll catch on and people might dust off the N64 and actually play it!

:)

dagoss
Elite

4:46 PM - Apr 06, 2008 #23

alxbly wrote: Dagoss, I think this is a good topic. With your permission I'd like to change the title to simply "Play an N64 game" so that we can leave it open and let people post about the N64 games that they're playing. Hopefully it'll catch on and people might dust off the N64 and actually play it!

:)
It'll never work. We need gimmicks to make people play N64 games. Like fake holidays. Or rumors of newly discovered secrets that trick people into playing the game. Or the promise of sexual favors.

... that last one might make a good contest.

The Red Shadow
Guardian

5:54 PM - Apr 06, 2008 #24

I agree with alxbly. I think this should continue as a generic Play a N64 Game topic because that's all I've been doing the last couple weeks. I have games of GoldenEye, Battle for Naboo, OoT, Pokémon Snap, Donkey Kong 64 and more going right now(mainly OoT ^_^ ) and I have received about 6 new games recently with more on the way, so it's all N64 for me right now. :)

Not that I have anything against sexual favors or anything. :whistle:

Deleted User
Deleted User

10:19 PM - Apr 06, 2008 #25

dagoss wrote: It'll never work. We need gimmicks to make people play N64 games. Like fake holidays. Or rumors of newly discovered secrets that trick people into playing the game. Or the promise of sexual favors.

... that last one might make a good contest.
I'll take that as a yes! :D

Mop it up
Guardian

2:50 AM - Apr 07, 2008 #26

Why do all of our topics always lead to some sort of sex-related thing? :rolleyes:

StYoung
Veteran

3:22 AM - Apr 07, 2008 #27

I'm down for whoring myself out...

We do have at least one female member by now, right?

Right?

Right?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007 wrote: OMG, this is the best topic ever made.? I nominate Steve for God!

dagoss
Elite

1:37 PM - Apr 07, 2008 #28

StYoung wrote: I'm down for whoring myself out...

We do have at least one female member by now, right?

Right?

Right?
*runs away* :blink:

Deleted User
Deleted User

4:02 AM - Apr 13, 2008 #29

Today I played Super Mario 64, Goldeneye and Top Gear Rally 2. Didn't play much of SM64, I was really just using it to test out a new controller. Hadn't played the Frigate level of Goldeneye for a while so I played that. It's okay but it's not my favorite level.

I hadn't really played much of Top Gear Rally 2 before. It's really rather good. I think I pretty much ignored every N64 rally game after the terrible mess that was V-Rally 99 but this one is much better and much closer to Top Gear Rally than I thought it would be. Boss Studios didn't make it (I think they were making Stunt Racer 64 at the time) so Kemco took this on. The steering's default setting is too sensitive but it feels great once you've turned it down a little. The cars are pretty quick, the tracks are interesting and everything looks a lot better than Top Gear Rally.

It's definitely one of the better motorsport games on the N64. I wish I'd discovered it back in 2000... :-/

dagoss
Elite

12:12 PM - Apr 13, 2008 #30

I played Banjo Tooie yesterday. I haven't touched it in about a year, meaning I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I beat the Dragons on Hail-Fire Peaks, unfroze the explorer guy, and found two of the three alien children (where is the third!?) I unlocked the Train station for the Ice side but he refuses to go there until I cool down his boiler. I suspect to cool him down, I have to bring him to the Fire side and pound Gobi so he spits water into the steam/pipe/thing on the train. Unfortunately, I don't know where the button to open the Fire Side station is!

This game is so confusing!

I was thinking of picking up Perfect Dark and attempting to conquer Perfect Agent difficulty, but I'm afraid. That game can be really frustrating when you don't know how to complete an objective and enemies are charging you. It has an unnecessary difficulty at times.