OMG SRSLY CANT WAIT - (future release pwnage)

floorcat
Elite

October 22nd, 2008, 4:38 am #1

So yeah... maybe thought we could use a thread for the games to be released that we're SRSLY looking forward to. As in ALL CAPS and NO VOWELS!

For me, right now...
Street Fighter IV :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix :dance: :dance: :dance:
(I will fight - and beat - you ALL in all things Street Fighter!@!!)

...and to a lesser extent...
Resident Evil 5
Guitar Hero World Tour (and Rock Band 1&2, if GHWT instrument compatibility is confirm'd)

... coulda SWORN there were a couple of Wii/DS games I was looking forward too... ;_; >_<

Ragedy
Ragedy

October 22nd, 2008, 9:13 am #2

SOMETHING that a group of people here will play online. Thus giving me actual motivation to play it!

In other words, nothing specific at the moment.

dagoss
Elite

October 22nd, 2008, 1:00 pm #3

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Persona 3 was by far the best RPG that has been released in nearly a decade. Given the skill that Atlus brings to the project, and the impressions that I have heard from people that have imported it, Persona 4 might actually top its predecessor.

Right now, Atlus is still actively supporting the PS2. When they do decide to move to the next generation, whatever their platform of choice is will probably be a major factor in what console I buy.

Also, I want Ico 3 (not the actual title, obviously).

alxbly
Elite

October 22nd, 2008, 5:24 pm #4

dagoss wrote:Also, I want Ico 3 (not the actual title, obviously).
"The Chain" seems to be it's working title just now, and it's sooooooooooo on my own wants list.

Also there's:

Fallout 3 *feints*
Fable 2 *craps pants*
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts *gaaa-ha!*
Resident Evil 5 *trouser movement*

And then there's the other stuff I'm considering...

Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club LA
Call of Duty: World at War
Far Cry 2
Gears of War 2
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
007 Quantum of Solace
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed 2
Tomb Raider Underworld
Halo 3 Recon
Halo Wars
Final Fantasy XIII

oh and *inserts lone Wii game*
Animal Crossing City Folk. ^_^

I ****ing love this generation of consoles! :wub: :wub: :wub:

alxbly
Elite

October 23rd, 2008, 5:29 pm #5

Fable 2 tomorrow...

but I need to decide if I'm gonna buy Far Cry 2 and Dead Space as well... :eh:

Mop it up
Guardian

October 24th, 2008, 12:06 am #6

Alxblymus Prime wrote:I ****ing love this generation of consoles!
Spoken like a true Nintendo 64 fan!

...Er, wait, what? :eh:

Anyways, there isn't anything coming out soon that I'm really looking forward to, but there are some that I'm watching the progress of and seeing how they turn out. I missed the first Animal Forest game on GameCube but I've always thought it looked very interesting and unique, so I'll see how the new Wii version turns out. I doubt I would put enough effort into it to take it online though, and the WiiSpeak accessory may actually deter me as it raises the price and isn't something I want.

The Conduit is looking better every time I see screenshots, but I haven't really seen much which distinguishes it from the generic shooters on the XBox 360. Of course, since the Wii is lacking in that area it may be something special based on lack of competition.

And of course, there's Endless Ocean 2. Alxbly and Floorcat, I'm kind of surprised neither of you mentioned this one when you seem so enamoured with the first game. There's not much information yet on this one (not even a conformed platform), so I can only hope it will bring some new ideas about rather than simply being an expansion of the first game.

There are still some current games I'd like to play, like Battalion Wars II, Metroid Prime 3, and such, but nothing I want so badly that I can't wait for it. And I really shouldn't juggle playing another game along with Galaxy, because then I'll never finish it.

alxbly
Elite

October 24th, 2008, 7:45 pm #7

Mop_it_up wrote:
Alxblymus Prime wrote:I ****ing love this generation of consoles!
Spoken like a true Nintendo 64 fan!

...Er, wait, what? :eh:
The two aren't mutally exclusive, Mop. :P
Mop_it_up wrote:And of course, there's Endless Ocean 2. Alxbly and Floorcat, I'm kind of surprised neither of you mentioned this one when you seem so enamoured with the first game. There's not much information yet on this one (not even a conformed platform), so I can only hope it will bring some new ideas about rather than simply being an expansion of the first game.
I hadn't even heard it had been announced. Yeah, I'd add that to my list! :)

Mop it up
Guardian

October 25th, 2008, 5:19 pm #8

Currently there's, like, practically no information on Endless Ocean 2. All I can find is the GameaFAQs page, which doesn't even have listed which system it will appear on. I can't imagine it'd be anything other than Wii, though I'm worried this might not make it out of Japan... How well did the first game sell?

alxbly
Elite

October 25th, 2008, 5:31 pm #9

Mop_it_up wrote:How well did the first game sell?
It didn't enter any charts in the UK :( , so I assume it didn't do that well over here. I dunno how well it sold outside the UK.

floorcat
Elite

October 25th, 2008, 5:38 pm #10

alxbly wrote:I need to decide if I'm gonna buy Far Cry 2 and Dead Space as well... :eh:
I vote Dead Space!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
(just look at your FPS:TPS ratio) :P

As for this supposed Endless Ocean 2... it'll definitely be on my radar, but it'd take a bit of AWESOME to move it to my OMG SRSLY list :rollseyes: