Nintendo screwdriver

Cabanon
Elite

6:48 PM - Aug 16, 2017 #1

hey guys, I'm wondering what is the best place to get Nintendo tools. I'm looking to get good tools to clean NES, SNES, N64 consoles & games, not some cheap chinese crap that barely fit the screws as I do have a set that mess up the plastic since they're too big.

where do you get yours ?

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

1:00 AM - Aug 17, 2017 #2

I just searched through my old mail to see where I got mine and noticed that I actually bought mine from fellow collector Don Camorra, back in the 64dd.net days! What happened to that guy?

Just search N64 gamebit. I'm pretty sure almost everything is "chinese crap" nowadays, but anything from a well known dealer should do fine, as they have to keep a high rep. You could also take the gamble and go for a cheapo from Aliexpress or Ebay. Reading the reviews should help decide which are a good fit.

Kamikaze
Kamikaze

6:47 AM - Aug 17, 2017 #3

Here in Europe all the big dealers import it from China, so there is no premium quality, just a premium price. Gamebits from China fit fine. You can also try and find its "real" name, as it is just a standard bit (I forgot the name, but it can give you better quality namebrand results).

As for screwdrivers; triwings seem to come mostly from China nowadays. The one with the red handle works fine, but wears pretty quick. Better order a few at once.

sanni
sanni

6:54 AM - Aug 17, 2017 #4

Those look reasonable well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Lukie-Games ... 1977096991?
But even better ones should be the longer versions manufactured by newelectronx.com: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8mm-4-5mm-Sec ... 1868656299?

Cabanon
Elite

11:40 AM - Aug 17, 2017 #5

thanks all. I'd trust the Lukie one more than the rest as they deal with tons of video games cart/console. I bet they use them alot.

CZroe
CZroe

10:01 PM - Oct 15, 2018 #6

I don’t like using the bits because they don’t reach deep enough for everything (GameCube, Virtual Boy) and the fit is often inexplicably weird, like they are somehow too small and too large simultaneously!

Kitsch-Bent and Console5 are dirt cheap North American suppliers for a set of dedicated 3.8 and 4.5mm gamebit/NEC External Line Head drivers but I’ve found the exact same drivers for $3.50 a set on eBay (had to wait a couple months!).