N64 Ultra HDMI Adapter: Released!!

Rocky
Rocky

May 8th, 2015, 2:06 am #1

"Designed by the team behind the 64drive flash cartridge, RetroActive first revealed this upcoming HDMI modification back in February 2014. Originally set to provide the console with a DVI-out port, the modification has since come on leaps and bounds with what appears to be a more tidy installation combined with a new Mini-HDMI out slot instead. By connecting directly to the Reality Coprocessor chip on the system's mainboard, the Ultra HDMI directly captures video output as digital RGB to provide up to 1080p HDMI output with audio...." Read the rest here: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/retroa ... -soon.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlq1AaxngEU

Vinyl
Veteran
Vinyl
Veteran

May 8th, 2015, 6:51 am #2

The website is really well done, and I love the fact that people create this. Its an great idea!

Before I celebrate this, I also had experience with HDMI-converters/Sharp images/framerate converters and so on , the the thing about this is .
THEY ARE EXPENSIVE,

the best one which is for sale is around 300 usd. which I think I rather have an old tv from the 90s.

https://www.consolevariations.com/
The Ultimate Console Database

Cabanon
Elite

May 8th, 2015, 12:04 pm #3

great news. ima sure to test it when it comes out with a junk console before attempting on mine

bluedogrulez
Guardian

October 26th, 2015, 6:33 pm #4

The most frequently asked question here is how in the world do I hook up my N64 to an HDTV. Heaven knows, there is no good answer. But soon, there may be.

The Ultra HDMI project seems to be in the home stretch. Its essentially a board and HMDI outlet that gets installed into your N64 console. Yep, soldering and dremeling required. But this looks to be a mod well worth the effort. Check out this episode of My Life in Gaming starting at the 12-minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpy1M6v2_MI
You can learn more about the Ultra HDMI project here, and subscribe for updates (a release date and pricing would be swell).

Does this pique your interest?!?
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez

floorcat
Elite

October 26th, 2015, 6:51 pm #5

Also worthy of note... our humble forum gets referenced in that video, at the 7:45 mark!! :yeah:

Rocky
Rocky

October 26th, 2015, 6:58 pm #6

I'm so excited for this but at the same time worried about the price! :wub:

Bamboozled
Veteran

October 26th, 2015, 7:07 pm #7

@Rocky
I don't care about the price! HDMI cables for the 64 is a win! :rofl:

Cabanon
Elite

October 26th, 2015, 7:46 pm #8

im :cussfit: interested.

Spidercolt
Spidercolt

October 26th, 2015, 7:47 pm #9

I actually have been watching their videos alot here recently. I have purchased all of the things they say to get the best picture out of everything. Scart cables, X-RGB Mini etc. I recently got my NES modded for RGB also, so needless to say I have been working on getting the best picture out of all my systems. N64 is the only one giving me problems :P I have an RGB modded one on the way but I believe I will mod my funtastic green N64 with the Ultra HDMI. That seems like the best way to play N64 games without using emulation.
Get :n64: Or Get Out!

NTSC Collection: 81 Games
61 Cart Only
20 Complete In Box

GameCube: 78 Games Complete

My Collection

Nintendo Network ID: Spidercolt.

DarkLink
DarkLink

October 27th, 2015, 9:34 am #10

I have to say that I am a little hyped about this and because I love N64 I think it would be cool that the version actually play on is High End. On the other hand, I never seemed to mind about the Grafics that much I just loved the games. I don't need a filter to make it look like a tube TV, I have a Tube TV! :D

So basically for me this would be pure luxury, I may consider buying one when I see the price.
Check out: consolevariations.com
The Database for all consolecolors and variations!