gamerjerome
Established Member
gamerjerome
Established Member

March 4th, 2016, 2:25 am #51

@Cell Thanks! Photography is my side hobby.

@Turok81 Also thanks. And to answer your question about it running hotter. I did notice the area around the Ultra HDMI was hotter, it wasn't as hot as the power supply though. Last time I played was for about an hour. I didn't have my controller extension in so my N64 was off my entertainment center and on the carpet. I don't see it being a problem but only time will tell. There is also a vent directly to the right of the Ultra HDMI adapter.

I'm also looking forward to a gamecube version. Actually any Retro HDMI version. I may pull the trigger on the Hi-Def NES once all the bugs are fixed.
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

Mantis128
Established Member
Mantis128
Established Member

May 10th, 2016, 7:37 am #52

After viewing some footage of the De-blur mode I have to say I think it makes the games look worse. The blur gives the games a smudged look but it molds the models into something more rounded and organic. The de-blur just makes them look like NES sprites.

Karsty5
Established Member
Karsty5
Established Member

May 10th, 2016, 5:01 pm #53

Yeah, I am excited for this mod because I have an HDTV in a good location and a CRT in a bad location...

EDIT: I also want a GameCube version, my computer isn't beefy enough to handle Dolphin at a great framerate.

Turok81
Turok81

May 12th, 2016, 8:32 pm #54

Ringworm128 wrote:After viewing some footage of the De-blur mode I have to say I think it makes the games look worse. The blur gives the games a smudged look but it molds the models into something more rounded and organic. The de-blur just makes them look like NES sprites.
I feel the same way. Most games look to pixellated with it. It might look ok with some games, but I feel there is a good reason the blur filter was enabled in the first place. Still very nice to have options though. I'm still planning to get one, or at least I was. Looks like it's gone off the market now. Been sold out for months and the supplier has gone quiet.

Grizzmeister
Elite

August 6th, 2017, 5:46 pm #55

Turok81 wrote:I'm still planning to get one, or at least I was. Looks like it's gone off the market now. Been sold out for months and the supplier has gone quiet.
That's a shame because I'm sure at a substantially lower price there's probably a sizable market for the product.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

andyk2003
Established Member
andyk2003
Established Member

August 6th, 2017, 7:48 pm #56

It's still available. The original 'official' modder ground to a halt and has long wait times - but now there are decent modders offering it with a slight wait - a month or so. Here's one.

Grizzmeister
Elite

August 7th, 2017, 2:30 pm #57

If an N64 Mini does eventually get released, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to an original N64 that has the Ultra HDMI mod. Considering that the Mini will probably be substantially less expensive it'll have the clear advantage but availability is also a concern when you're dealing with Nintendo and their Classics lineup.

Nonetheless, I suspect many people are starting to realize that HDMI output on legacy consoles isn't the panacea they thought it'd be. It's nice if the price is right but at a certain point either a CRT or emulation make more sense.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Mantis128
Established Member
Mantis128
Established Member

March 15th, 2018, 4:35 am #58

Did scanlines for integer and integer+ ever get added?