N64 on the Virtual Console

starwolf
Established Member
starwolf
Established Member

5:14 AM - Nov 21, 2014 #1

BDR UPDATE: April 2015 marks the month in which :n64: games have finally found there way onto the Wii U Virtual Console. This is an exciting moment as Nintendo is breathing new life into classic games. The present and pending list is quite short right now, but one might expect that as many (if not more) N64 games will be offered on the Wii U Virtual Console than on the Wii Virtual Console. Here is a list of games (from Wikipedia) that are presently available or pending. (Click on the titles in green to see their 64-Bit Reviews).

But what is your wish list? Be sure to tell us which N64 titles you want to see offered on the :WiiU: Virtual Console.

:n64: on :WiiU: Virtual Console
TitleRelease Date
Super Mario 64April 1, 2015
Donkey Kong 64April 16, 2015
Paper MarioApril 30, 2015
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TimeJuly 2, 2015
Mario TennisJuly 9, 2015
Kirby 64: The Crystal ShardsJuly 30, 2015
Sin and PunishmentAugust 27, 2015

:n64: on :wii: Virtual Console
1080 SnowboardingMario Party 2Star Fox / Lyat Wars
Bomberman HeroMario TennisSuper Mario 64
Cruis'n USAOgre Battle 64: Person of Lordly CaliberSuper Smash Bros.
F-Zero XPaper Mario The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Kirby 64: The Crystal ShardsPokemon Puzzle LeagueThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario GolfPokeman Snap Wave Race 64
Mario Kart 64Sin and PunishmentYoshi's Story

I would choose F-zero X it has an amazing soundtrack and amazing graphics.
I'd like to see more car detail and more buildings why racing. Also can't go wrong with 3d models that exactly like comic book models on f-zero x n64.

11:00 AM - Nov 21, 2014 #2

Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007

Nuno
Veteran
Nuno
Veteran

11:52 AM - Nov 21, 2014 #3

This is going to sound contradictory: I don't like when they do remakes of old masterpieces. But, never having played WindWaker on the gamecube, it was just awesome to be able to play the HD version when I bought the WiiU. So... that being said, if I had to choose I'd say Goldeneye007 because it needs it.

kartmaster
Veteran

6:15 PM - Nov 21, 2014 #4

GoldenEye would be great, but only if they gave me a way to use the N64 controller (RE-RELEASE, NINTENDO???). I think legal mumbo jumbo will forever restrict GoldenEye from a remake of any kind though unfortunately.

It's pretty un-original, but I think of the entire N64 library, Super Mario 64 is the game I would want an HD remake of the most. I think it could be beautiful.

starwolf
Established Member
starwolf
Established Member

12:13 AM - Nov 22, 2014 #5

kartmaster wrote:GoldenEye would be great, but only if they gave me a way to use the N64 controller (RE-RELEASE, NINTENDO???). I think legal mumbo jumbo will forever restrict GoldenEye from a remake of any kind though unfortunately.

It's pretty un-original, but I think of the entire N64 library, Super Mario 64 is the game I would want an HD remake of the most. I think it could be beautiful.
Ya goldeneye remake would be great. The character models would look great, especially when you unlock the entire roster for multiplayer. Not to mention the maps would have more things going on in them and have more interesting detail. Also there could be a 4 player campaign online or offline, where you can choose to be the bad guy or the good guy. Even AI is able to do mission objectives, so you all could be the bad guy. lol you have any idea how fun it would be to kill your own teammates and AI for the map? I think it would be hilarious, especially when bond just walks bye you guys, shooting at the walls in paintball mode, and he wins and you guys lose lol.

Another good thing would be online multiplayer, also up to 12 - 16 players, assuming they will add new maps. Oh the maps! Would be nice to see a remastered version of the first level the dam. The fog problem will go away due to a more powerful machine.

LoL and the legal stuff blows. I hated when EA took over. They were boring and bland. Rareware is where it's at. I mean Killer Instinct, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye 007, Donkey Kong, and many others. But ever since the legal crap, they haven't been able to make a comeback. I would love to see a Conker's Bad Furday redone. Online Capabilities. More players, all the old maps redone, with new ones. More modes, and more bots. maybe play up to 24 players.

I don't know. I would really love to see a remastered version of F-Zero X. All the tracks will have more going on in the scene this includes in the city levels more skyscrapers that you can zoom by at more than a 1000 kmh! The cars will look more realistic. Meaning that they will show detail of panels, jets, windows, bolts, and even paint wear to make them look super awesome. They would also make the tracks have the same colors, but they will be remastered designs, and they explain what these different types of tracks are made of, and what their purpose is for. Like a water pulse ripple. The entire track that is made from this kind of material would be a special glass traction jet track that the water, glass, and metal casing for magnets, it helps boost kmh by about 100-150 kmh. This would make master mode look like expert mode. This means they would add a 2nd Master Mode, which should be Grand Master Mode, and that in Grand Master mode, knowing these details about the tracks help out a lot when you try to become champion of Grand Master. Also there will be a 4 player mode GP, so you can unlock everything with your friends :). There will also be 4 players per console, so meaning that there are 32 cars on the track instead of 30, will make it feel like home with 2 extra players, but now you're player against live players instead of computers. So watch out for spinning or jerky cars, they may wipe you out!

Either way, I see a lot of good things coming if they add remastered versions of many great N64 games. All the old material remastered with addition to new material, like new maps, modes, players, etc.

Boomdiers
Veteran

5:02 AM - Nov 22, 2014 #6

I would love a remake of super mario 64 for wii u it would super mario 64 HD, idk just thrill if that actually happen i know there was for ds but since 3ds came out and wii u it will be perfect. 3ds will have 200 more stars more courses and secrets and wii u will have 250 stars secrets and special thing when yoi complete the whole 7 stars you get 3d look figuring for that course.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC

Alveinhero

10:01 PM - Nov 22, 2014 #7

I'd probably say Kirby 64 HD.

kartmaster
Veteran

5:27 AM - Nov 23, 2014 #8

Alveinhero wrote:I'd probably say Kirby 64 HD.
Good call! That has the potential to be gorgeous!

cyan_phoenix
cyan_phoenix

10:54 AM - Nov 23, 2014 #9

I would love to see Jet Force Gemini redone. That game is awesome to play even today.
Australia

N64 CIB Collection (EUR/USA/JPN): Complete!

Grimakis
Grimakis

2:46 AM - Nov 24, 2014 #10

Majora's Mask. A game like that deserves a 1080P console update. not a low resolution remake for the 3DS.