Grizzmeister
Elite

6:17 PM - Dec 05, 2017 #41

The White Falcon wrote:I think that's rumored to be one of the reasons the "Virtual Console" for Switch is delayed - they're working on an online framework for a lot of the titles.
Really?! I hadn't heard that. It makes sense, though, since games like Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros. are at their best when played against other real live people.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Grizzmeister
Elite

1:45 PM - Jan 05, 2018 #42

Could Nintendo include 4 controllers at a $120 MSRP and still turn a profit on the N64 Mini? The more I think about it the more I feel the N64 Classic Edition has to ship with 4 controllers for games like Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2. :huh:

Perhaps Nintendo will only include two controllers in the box and sell others individually. That solution actually works quite well for me but I'm not sure how casuals would feel about it. What are your thoughts?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Cabanon
Elite

2:50 PM - Jan 05, 2018 #43

wont have 4 for sure unless they sell it for 150$ or even more. the n64 mini will likely sell for 99$ and controllers will be a big issue this time. some kind of adapter will be compatible with it.

No64DD
Elite

3:55 PM - Jan 05, 2018 #44

My prediction is that i'm not standing out all night to get one. Can you imagine if it was this kind of weather on the east coast then??
Then again, they plan on closing 200 Toys R Us stores. A completely different story from September.

If it comes with only 2 controllers, then it is going to get nuts finding the other ones!
I'm really excited to see what Hori plans on releasing.
A Secret star
lie here~

ItalianBaptist
ItalianBaptist

5:13 PM - Jan 05, 2018 #45

The “4 controller” issue is yet another reason to go for GameCube controllers/controller ports in my opinion. It would make getting a full set a whole lot easier, that’s for sure.

But this is Nintendo we’re talking about; I love em but they make little sense sometimes.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Elite

5:25 PM - Jan 05, 2018 #46

Toniokart64 wrote:The “4 controller” issue is yet another reason to go for GameCube controllers/controller ports in my opinion. It would make getting a full set a whole lot easier, that’s for sure.
Ultimately this is the smartest solution, isn't it. This is especially true when you consider that Nintendo will probably start selling GameCube controllers again in the future for the inevitable Super Smash Bros. game for the Switch.

Mantis128
Established Member
Mantis128
Established Member

2:26 AM - Feb 23, 2018 #47

Not sure about what games it would include; I suppose the usual suspects.

What I'm hoping for is 1080P output. A way to play the N64 Zelda titles officially in that resolution would be awesome.

Shangyou
Shangyou

7:11 AM - Feb 23, 2018 #48

If Nintendo released the N64 Mini in multiple Funtastic colours (maybe with each one being exclusive to different retailers), I think many of us here will be left with deep holes in our pockets haha.

Can you guys imagine if for Christmas this year they released a limited edition 3-pack console bundle (NES Mini, SNES Mini, N64 Mini) all coloured in Watermelon Red for like $199.99?? :wub:

Grizzmeister
Elite

1:39 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #49

If Nintendo does release an N64 Mini this year I have a feeling it'll be even more successful than their two previous classic edition mini consoles. Why? Well, because neither the Raspberry Pi nor the original Wii emulate N64 games very well. Granted, the Virtual Console N64 titles on the Wii and Wii U aren't bad but almost all of them have some minor issue that keeps them from being as good as the original console versions.

Vaettur
Established Member
Vaettur
Established Member

3:12 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #50

The issues on VC are so minor that it was acceptable enough for Nintendo to release them.
I'm pretty sure the supposed N64 mini will have that problem too though.

Unless they're going to use the same hardware as N64, which I highly doubt.